Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, January 09, 2021

Walking, baking and reading

 
A cloudy morning and a temperature of 19 degrees and a
slight breeze when I walked this morning.

Walked through town and up to the school and just
a little way past the school up this way.

Then back down into town and over to the industrial park and walked
around there. Continued around town again and then once around
the ball park before heading back to the Jeep and home again.

No one else out this early Saturday morning.
Very quiet around town.

Walked 6.2. miles

☁️    🙂    ☁️

Ken got the slow cooker started this morning with the makings for stew.
How nice that I didn't have to do a thing!!

Baked some cookies this afternoon.
A new recipe for me.
Molasses Cookies.
They were delicious and I'll for sure be baking them again.

This afternoon we had some sunshine again every once in a while
mixed in with the clouds.  Stayed cold all day in the low 20's.

Been reading A Game of Thrones (book 1 in the series)
and I sure do like it. 
800 and some pages though so my first book of the year
is a big one.  I'm more than half finished with it.

Hope your Saturday was a happy one.
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Baking cookies is comforting, 
and cookies are the sweetest little bit of comfort food.
They area very bitesized and personal.
- Sandra Lee -

11 comments:

Tom said...

...19 degrees, brrrrrr. A cloudy start to day here, with sun by noon, it changed my outlook! Take care.

ellen b. said...

Walking in 19 degree weather keeps you moving for sure! How nice to have your meal taken care of so you could enjoy making those cookies. They really look good! Have a great Sunday!

Rose said...

We had cool weather, not cold. But the dampness makes it feel colder than it is. Love that second photo...specially when clicked on and opened in a new tab.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh yum! Molasses cookies.They sound delicious .

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Cookies and hot chocolate drink after a long walk.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

We had a sunny day yesterday but it was cold. It was in the low 30's when I took my walk. The cookies sounds delicious, baking does make the home smell delicious. Take care, have a great day!

Hootin Anni said...

I baked bread. I'd wager our houses both smelled great indoors.

Love that image you shared of the valley below.

Homemade stew on a chilly evening is perfect.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Those cookies sound so good. My husband really like the show The Game of Thrones. Me, not so much. So glad you are enjoying the book!

Jeanette said...

Brrr! that sounds like a cold walk! No wonder you didn't see anyone else! I have neve read The Game of Thrones although I did watch the whole series on HBO. Have you seen it or do you plan on watching it?

Bill said...

A cold morning makes for a brisk walk. The cookies sound good.

Debi said...

I like your cookie quote from Sandra Lee. Cookie are a sweet little treat. Molasses cookies are one of my hubby's favorites. I haven't made them in a while though.