Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, January 08, 2021

Back to a morning walk

 Back to a normal morning of walking in town.
It was 22 degrees, cloudy, and calm.
Didn't see much blue sky on this walk.
This was it and by the time I was done walking that was gone too.


Walked all over town, around both cemeteries and also the ball park.

No one else out walking but did see a couple people scraping
windshields on their cars.

Went down to see the bulls and as I was walking back up
toward the cemetery Farmer Marvin stopped in his truck
to say hi and we had a little chat.  
He told me the bulls are yearlings and most of them have
been sold and will be used for farm bulls.

A while back he gave me his cell phone number and told me
if I ever need any help while I'm out walking to give him a call.
He reminded me of that again this morning.
I thought that was so nice.

Even though I enjoyed my walk yesterday afternoon in the 
sunshine, there is just something different about a morning walk
that just can't be beat.

Walked 6 miles

☁️    🙂    ☁️

Just did the usual things around the house.
A bit of work in the morning and worked on the puzzle
and read in the afternoon.

Back in normal times we would go to McDonald's
once in a while for lunch and eat in the parking lot
and watch people.
Today we packed up a lunch and went to McDonald's and
ate our lunch in the parking lot and watched people.
Not quite the same thing but almost. 🙂

That's all I have for today.
A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;
remember that what you now have was once among
the things you only hoped for.
- Epicurus -

Comment Replies:
Tom - I really have no idea how many hours it takes us to do a 1000 piece puzzle.  Sometimes we work on it hours at a time, and other times just a few minutes. Have never figured it out.  

14 comments:

ellen b. said...

Great quote! I'm glad you could walk outside today. That is a very nice gesture by Farmer Marvin! It's nice that people look out for each other.

Tom said...

...we all not to content with what we have, so many of us are fortunate to have more than we need.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Farmer Marvin sounds like a genuine good guy. it is good to see there are still caring people around.

Granny Marigold said...

I feel the same way about walking in the morning vs the afternoon. I'm very much a morning person.
Farmer Marvin must be a caring neighbour. Nice to know if you needed help and couldn't reach Ken you have his phone number.

Unknown said...

That's very nice to know if you ever need any help or have any trouble you can count on farmer Marvin. There isn't any reason why you can't still enjoy eating McDonald's food instead of packing your own lunch. My husband and I eat fast food every weekend. We wear our masks when ordering, sanitize our hands before eating and enjoy their food in our car. We've been doing it since the beginning of this pandemic and we feel very safe doing so. Of course it may not be something you and your husband are comfortable doing, but it works for us. Have a nice weekend.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Farmer Marvin sounds a friendly chap. Been cool here for Summer at 70 Deg F and cooler at nights- some rain about too. Best Wishes. KEV.

Hootin Anni said...

I love the morning sky. But, for me, that temperature would keep me indoors. You're such a brave soul. At least the bulls are not to be slaughtered...living a "happy life".

Our puzzle count would be done in days, not hours. Like you, a long session sometimes. Other days just a pass-by with a piece or two found maybe.

Bill said...

Nice quote. I know what you mean walking in the morning just feels different than later in the day. I don't like walking in the afternoon but do end up doing it once in a while.

William Kendall said...

I like the mood to those skies.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Beautiful views, the farmer is very nice. It is great to know he is there if you need help. Great quote. Have a happy weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Still cold and icy around here.

God bless.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - that is nice of Farmer Marvin to give you his cell phone number if you ever need some help on your walk. I love your ending quote. Have a good weekend.

Retired Knitter said...

What a great “neighbor” you have.

Henny Penny said...

That is how our skies have been, cloudy with just enough sun to give us hope. We do have sun today. thankful for that, but it's windy and cold. Glad you have Farmer Marvin's cell number. Never know when you might need him. He sounds like a nice man.