Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, January 07, 2021

A bit of sunshine

 I walked my first 2 1/2 miles inside this morning.

Late morning we went back to Walgreens and picked up Ken's
medicine, stopped at the store for milk and a few other things,
and lastly to the library to pick up Ken's books.
Library is back to curb side pickup.

After lunch the temperature was 28 degrees and we got to see
some sunshine today!!!
That is when I drove to town and walked another 4 miles.
Walked through town and around the ball park,
and both the cemeteries.
Went down to see the bulls too.

Sure was nice seeing and walking in some sunshine.
Some pictures along my way.



Didn't see anyone else out walking on this fine afternoon.

This is the next puzzle we will be doing.
Usually we do the border first but this time we're just going to start
in the middle and work out.

Got a start on cleaning out and straightening up my craft closet.
I always say I will keep it neat and tidy but it never lasts very long.

That's been my day so far.
 A happy to to you.
Thanks for visiting.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Rose - I looked in the windows at the Drane house and took some pictures but there was just too much glare on dirty windows and they came out terrible. But I did take picture some years back that come out not great but good enough for you to see inside and posted them HERE.
I have a Striiv pedometer which I've used for years and years to record my steps and miles.

Anni - I have seen the Long Long Trailer a few times.  So funny!!!

18 comments:

ellen b. said...

Love that new puzzle! Glad you got sunshine and could walk in it! We are hoping for a sunshine filled day here soon!

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful photographs, nice to see the blue sky ... ours have been quite grey recently.

All the best Jan

Rose said...

That puzzle looks hard to me. I am working one now that will take me a month of Sundays. I can do pretty good if I have some decent daylight, but otherwise I am slower than Christmas.

I have got to go back and see what Anni said about The Long, Long Trailer. I have been wanting to see it and just accidentally flipped and had missed about half of it. I recorded it, but have yet to watch it.

Oh, love the sky shots.

Tom said...

...what a beautiful day, grau and gloomy here. How many hours on average does it take you to do a 1000 piece puzzle?

Ruth Hiebert said...

A few breaks in the clouds give such beauty to the pictures. I could stand some sunshine soon, but I guess it will come eventually .

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen, I love that old Lucy movie - The Long, Long Trailer. It is a favorite. I love Lucy! That looks like a great puzzle. Great pictures from your walk today. See you again tomorrow. :-)

Hill Top Post said...

I noticed from your pictures that the fields are already getting green. I try to soak up on all the sun I can get, but sometimes it is scarce as hen’s teeth.

Lea said...

Yes, we had a bit of sunshine here today and yesterday as well.

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my gosh. Beautiful. Walking in afternoon hours makes for a whole different scene ...just look at that sky! Sometimes don't you just wish you could walk forever!

We got a new puzzle set up (we group our pieces in "category"...one knob, two, etc.etc...then frame first.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful skies.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

The sunshine and beautiful views are a lovely sight, Great photos.

Take care, have a happy weekend!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Nice to see the Clear Blue Skies. Looks like the Snow has thawed out for now- guess your expecting more snow there. The Kitchen Puzzle looks a hard one.

Bill said...

Looks like a great day you had. Wonderful walking weather to enjoy.
Have a great day!

Jeanette said...

It's nice when the sun shines on your walk! I looked at the pictures of the inside of the Drane house. Very interesting and they lived so simply back then.

John's Island said...

Nice to see how the sunshine brightened up things. Neat photos on your town walk.

Kerri Farley said...

It looks like such a pretty day!

Susie said...

Love the pretty pictures. Sunshine makes cold days bearable. The puzzle should be fun. Blessings to you and Ken. Be safe. xoxo, Susie

William Kendall said...

Blue skies are a rarity here at present.