Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, December 04, 2020

Walking Outside

 Back to walking outside this morning.
Warmed up to 37 so the snow is melting.
This morning was cloudy with just a slight breeze.

Saw a few deer on the way to town.

The sidewalks in town were still snow and ice covered and many
of the side roads too so just walked on roads that were clear.
The road up to the cemetery was clear but not the cemetery
so just walked up the hill and back.


Made my way over to the industrial park and got most of my walk
in there. It's a mile from where I park the Jeep by the pond.
I've posted a picture of this road before which runs between
the industrial park and the main road. This road calls to me to
walk down it.


It ends in a court so I turn around there and walk back.
This was at the end of the road.


While walking around the industrial park I saw a woman walking
talking on the phone.
Saw her again on the road above still on the phone.
Since she looked like she was lost
I asked her if she was looking for somewhere. 
She said oh no I'm a walker, and I just moved in down the road.
Her name is Danielle. She is very nice but I would never take her for a walker.
She was dressed way too nice. ๐Ÿ™‚ 
She had tights on with a coat down to her knees making it look
like she had a dress on.  A pair of nice looking boots and a cute little hat
and just slowly making her way along.
Bettye, if you are reading this, the woman looked how
Carol would look if she went walking.
Know what I mean. ๐Ÿ™‚

Didn't see anyone else out walking.

Walked 6 miles

☁️    ๐Ÿ™‚    ☁️

Finished up the weekly housework.
Wrote my Christmas card list out and got some cards written out.
Took the latest puzzle apart and back in the box for next year
and got the next one out.  Haven't started it yet though.

I made English Muffin Loafs this afternoon.
I made them for breakfast in the morning but we couldn't
wait and ate a slice each.


Sewed a couple more rows together of weave-it squares
and read a little too.

A happy Friday to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️


Christmas, my child, is love in action.
Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas.
- Dale Evans -

Comment Replies:
Elaine - One of Ken's train layouts has been in a model train magazine. The one he made when we lived in Savage.  


15 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a lovely first photograph.
Your bread looks delicious.
Love the Father Christmas at the end of your post.

Happy Weekend Wishes.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...Karen, it sounds like walkers dress differently! Stay warm and safe.

Hootin Anni said...

Love the Santa of course. Once again, I'm a wuss...icy walks scare me. I can see myself falling. "I've fallen and I can't get up!" ❄

Granny Marigold said...

When I walk I mostly see the same people from day to day but earlier in the week a lovely young woman was walking wearing elegant boots with at least 2" heels. I don't know how she could walk so fast wearing that footwear.

Hill Top Post said...

Those English Muffin loaves look so good. I would take a slice right out of the oven. When it’s cold, I would be ashamed for anyone to see me in my walking garb!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love your Santa doll! The English Muffin loaves look delicious! Have a good Saturday and I will see you tomorrow.

ellen b. said...

Nothing like a fresh warm slice of bread. Yum! Glad you could get out on an outdoor route again today! That road looks like it would never end...

Bettye said...

The new lady must have looked like she stepped out of a fashion magazine. Wow!!! Those English Muffin loaves look delicious!! Don't blame you for trying them while they are warm, best time and soooo good when warm. Your Santa doll is real nice. Love your blog!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

All that snow ... it looks so cold where you are.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty views from your walk, I like the shots looking down the road, numbers 1 and 2. Your Santa is pretty. I try to dress for warmth and comfort while walking. Your bread looks delicious. Take care, have a great weekend.

Bill said...

The loafs of bread sure look good. I like smelling it when it's baking.
Have a wonderful day.

Nellie said...

Yum! Love those loaves of bread! I may have to bake some!

Vee said...

The snow has made its way here and you know just what I think about that. I told The Lord that there must have been lots of people praying for snow—bet most of them were younger than 20.

The pretty well dressed lady sounds like a fascinating character for your novel. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I watch The Farmhouse Vernacular where the lady of the house wears long skirts and boots and homemade sweaters and shawls to the barn to feed the animals. She calls it "everything." She really looks cute and gets the job done.

Debi said...

Your first photo is just beautiful. Loved your description of the lady walker. I don't know how anyone can walk without proper footwear, but I have plantar faciitis so it's probably just me.

Jeanette said...

I will definitely be trying those English Muffin Loaves!