Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, December 10, 2020

Two Walks

This morning when I left it was 32 degrees, cloudy, and no wind.
Parked as usual by the pond and walked around town.
Went up and down all the streets, around both cemeteries,
and the ball park.

An uneventful walk, pretty quiet all around town.
Saw Rebecca 2 times at a distance and didn't see anyone else.

Letters to Santa are now being collected.


Walked 6 miles

☁️    🙂    ☁️

Finally took the Jeep in to the garage in town to get that slow
leak fixed in the left front tire.

After leaving the Jeep at the garage at 10:45 I talked Ken
into taking a walk around town with me.
We walked around the ball park and I took him up the
tree lined driveway.  Then we headed over to the pond and sat
on the bench for a bit.
Back through town, passed our old house and back to the garage.
The Jeep was just getting driven out of the garage when we arrived.
Perfect timing.  They put a plug in a small hole that they found.
Have no idea what made the hole.
Anyway it is good to have that taken care of.
It cost a whole $6.

So I walked another 2 1/2 miles this morning with Ken,
and this time the sun was shining.
And no I'm not tired and really could have walked another few miles.

Every year it bothers me that the nativity I have has everyone with
blond hair and always say I'm going to paint their hair brown.
This year Ken painted their hair.
I don't put out the wisemen because they actually didn't come and
see Jesus until some years later.


Ken and I both worked on the puzzle this afternoon and I
wouldn't be surprised if we finished it today.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Thursday to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Christmas gift suggestions:
to you enemy, forgiveness.
To an opponent, tolerance.
To a friend, your heart.
To a customer, service.
To all, charity.
To every child, a good example.
To yourself, respect
- Oren Arnold -

Comment Replies:
Tina - If I just walk it takes me 15 or 16 minutes per mile, but I stop to take pictures, talk to people and animals so that included it takes me about 1 hour and 45 minutes. And believe me the time flies!!

20 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Love the nativity! Yes, that was good timing...and hope the plug works (why wouldn't it?)

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the nativity and yes, now, the Holy Family looks more Hebrew. I am wondering if you and Ken are helping Santa as Elves this year. So glad you got that tire fixed and did not need a whole new one. Will look forward to see your completed puzzle.

Tom said...

...those are great gift ideas.

Pom Pom said...

Wow! That's a lot of walking, Karen! I'm glad it was fun! Good idea to paint the figures hair.

Lowcarb team member said...

You did a lot of walking today.
I like the gift suggestions.

All the best Jan

Rose said...

Sounds like you had such a nice day...

Ruth Hiebert said...

The Nativity set looks good with the darker hair. I have a friend who doesn’t put the baby Jesus in the manger till late on Christmas Eve.

Granny Marigold said...

I don't think I've ever seen a nativity with blonde hair but certainly darker hair would be more appropriate. We used to put the wise men and their camels on the other side of the room as if they were on their way but they kept getting kicked over by the children so we settled on having them at the manger even though they wouldn't have been.

Hill Top Post said...

Although I prefer walking alone, it is fun once in awhile to have company along the trail. I love the brown-haired figures in your nativity. All the dolls I make have brown hair and brown eyes...well except one special order for one of the granddaughters, which had blonde hair.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- I'll be putting out our Nativity Scene to-night...as I do each year- it is a good little set and haven't seen one like it anywhere else - so it is even more special. We'll be putting up our little Christmas Tree too. Best Wishes. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

$6 to fix a tire? In the UK it would have cost at least three times that.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

That is a good price for fixing your tire. We found a place in Florida, they fixed our tire twice for free. Sounds like you had a nice walk and a great day! Love the Nativity scene! Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend!

Vee said...

Wonder if Ken will want to walk with you again... He did a fabulous job turning that Nativity set around. I left my nativity set in the box this year having found another with dark hair. It made me feel a little sad because it has been set up for decades.

Jeanette said...

Lots of walking but it's nice when you can get your husband to join you for a bit! The Nativity looks great!

Inger said...

I like the way you write. For me, as you write a picture emerges in my mind of where you walk, what you see, then what you make for dinner and sitting down with Ken for a puzzle. I imagine this is the way we are all supposed to write. What a wonderful account you will have if you decide to look back on all these posts.

Bill said...

That's cheap for a tire fix. Nice suggestions for gifts. The Nativity scene is beautiful.
Have a great day.

ellen b. said...

Glad the fix was only $6. Ken did a great job painting out the blond for brown. I like that nativity set. People who usually see you walk were probably wondering who Ken was! :) I just pulled out a new puzzle. JJ will be here Saturday morning so I'll have to tuck it away somewhere safe so he can't get his little 20 month hands on it. :) Have a great Friday!

Tina said...

I love your nativity. I can’t imagine them blond either. You must walk faster than you think! 6 miles in that length of time is awesome. It just wouldn’t be a good walk if you couldn’t stop and observe the beauty. I’m glad you share your walks with us. I love all that you share.

William Kendall said...

I like that nativity scene.

Retired Knitter said...

Not surprised at all that you weren't tired with the second walk. You body is so used to this you probably could double your mileage before you felt it. Nice that Ken joined you. Did he feel tired after the walk?