Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, December 09, 2020

Frozen Pond

 22 degrees this morning with some wind.  With the wind chill it was supposed
to be 14 but it didn't feel that cold. It was a cloudy morning.

Had nice walk around town and around by the industrial park.
Didn't see anyone else out this morning.

Took this picture in back of the industrial park.
The farm you see is the back of Farmer Gene's farm.
I walk on the front side of it when I walk the Farm loop.


 Walked up the tree lined driveway again at the house that is for sale.
There is a stream that runs through the property too.


Went down to the pond to see how thick the ice is.
I took a couple of steps on it and it was strong enough to hold me
and I didn't hear any cracking but didn't go any farther.


Before I knew it my walk had come to an end for another day.
Walked 6.2 miles
Sunrise 7:27

☁️    🙂    💨

Last night seeing the reflections of the Christmas tree in the windows
it was like we had 3 trees.


Today got very little work done around the house,
but I did at least get some laundry done.

Worked on the puzzle and read in the afternoon.
Did take a break and Ken and I had a cup of tea.
I had mine in the Christmas cup.

Many years ago I really got into making latch hook rugs and
hangings.  This is one I still have around. It's hanging 
on the basement door.


Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Wednesday to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Our task is to stand tall in God's love,
secure in our place,
sparkling in kindness,
surrounded by His goodness,
freely giving to all who come our way.
You, me, and the Christmas tree.
Picked, purchased, and pruned.
- Max Lucado -

Comment Replies:
Deb and Gretchen - Ken will be painting another ball this year. I have left a plain red ball out and sometime during the holiday Ken will take the ball and paint something on it. I never know what till he's done with it. I'm sure this year it will be something about the virus.

21 comments:

ellen b. said...

Love that tree reflection shot! Fun. Good idea to not go any further on that ice. :) I might bring out another puzzle since I'm done with the Christmas cards for this year!

Tom said...

...a few ponds have skimmed over a bit, but nothing like the one. Your tree glows!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the picture of the tree reflected in the windows. Looks so homey and cozy. Hope you have another good day tomorrow. See you soon.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love how with the reflections you get three trees and only had to decorate one.

NanaDiana said...

I love your walks- and knowing that the farm is on either side of the view you showed! Your latch work piece is adorable. Amazing the different things we crafted/did at different times, isn't it? I wish I had kept a few of my Santas/paintings I did over the years. Nope...lol
Have a wonderful night! xo Diana

Rose said...

Hard to believe that it is cold enough for you to take a couple steps on to the ice! When we were out this afternoon, our thermometer said 58°. I bet that is even harder for you to believe. I kind of find it hard to believe and I live here!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The tree looks so beautiful reflected in the windows! And I love the idea of the red balls. What a nice tradition! Stay warm! Holiday hugs!

Granny Marigold said...

Looks like a number of us like the reflections of your Christmas tree in the windows. It looks lovely.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

You are brave stepping on the frozen pond. I love your tree and the reflections, very pretty. Take care, have a happy day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a beautiful Christmas tree(s).

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Must be pretty cold there to turn the Pond to ice. I do like your Christmas Tree. Best Wishes. KEV.

Hootin Anni said...

Yes, the virus will be a perfect subject for the next ornament. Beautiful triplet reflection of the tree!

Happy@Home said...

How nice that you get to see three trees in your corner. So pretty and cozy.

Inger said...

I like the tradition of the painting of the ball. Maybe I said that in yesterday's comment, it is lovely though, so it's worth repeating.

Bill said...

Your Christmas tree is beautiful!

William Kendall said...

Even without a lot of snow in the ground, it looks cold.

Tina said...

How long does it usually take you to walk your 6 miles and will anyone skate on the pond? My son has shorts on today. Very jealous of your beautiful walks and weather. It would be nice to have 4 seasons here. Can’t wait to see your new bulb.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Grandma C said...

The tree looks so romantic in the night lighting.

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow! I love the reflections of the Christmas tree in the windows, yes it does look like you have three trees :)

All the best Jan

Retired Knitter said...

I did latch hooking years ago as well. Kind of sorry I don't have any of my projects around.