Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, December 11, 2020

Farm Loop

 Temperature today started out at 37 degrees.
It was clear and calm.
Once the sun rose it stayed shining all day with just 
a few clouds around.

Drove to town once again and this time I walked around 
the Farm loop.




Passing by Farmer Bill's farm I noticed there were three
donkeys out in the pasture.  Never saw them there before.
Tried to get a picture but they were too far away and couldn't
get them to come over to the fence.

Once I got back to town still had a mile or so to walk so
went over to the ball park and walked around there before
heading back to the car and home again.

Didn't see anyone else out walking but rarely do on the farm loop.
Just a couple of cars passed me.
Such a nice quiet peaceful walk.

Walked 6 miles

🌤    🙂    🌤

We did get the puzzle finished yesterday.
Next I'll pick out one of the old ones we have.
Not many winter days go by when you won't see a puzzle out on
the table that we are working on. 


Got the slow cooker going with chili this morning. 
Always nice to get supper made in the morning.

Ken was a great help by cutting up the peppers and celery for me.
Chili recipe HERE.
This time I didn't used ground beef but sirloin steak cut up
in small chunks.

Had to run into Stop and Shop to get some milk and pick up a 
new supply of ice cream that was on sale.
4 for $10 so we got 8 of them.
That should keep us in ice cream for awhile.
Good thing we have an extra freezer out in the garage!

Finished up the last of the weeks housework.
Got the sheets washed and hung out on the line to dry.
Perfect for drying clothes - sunny with a slight breeze.

With all that done I spent the rest of the afternoon
knitting on my pink scarf and reading.


That's all I have for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Christmas Eve, a perfect night to express affection for your family,
to forgive those who failed you
and to forget past mistakes.
- unknown -

Comment Replies:
Tina - Forgot to answer the other part of your question yesterday about skating on the town pond. No, I've never seen anyone skating on it.

Vee - No, don't think Ken will be joining me on my walks.  It is just not his thing, which is so hard for me to understand!! 🙂 Ken and I do many things together but I'm glad he doesn't want to walk with me.  That is my time alone and I really enjoy my alone walks!!! 

Inger - Thank you for those kind words about my writing.  I write as I would talk to you if you were here.

A special THANKS to all who read my blog and leave comments.
🥰

15 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Your first photograph is especially lovely.
Another puzzle done, it looks a colourful and happy scene :)

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...this morning we had a red sky and frost on the grass too, our snow is gone. I love that diner puzzle! Enjoy your weekend Karen.

Hootin Anni said...

I too prefer to walk alone. I can go my own speed, where I want to go & enjoy the alone time with nature! Like you & Ken, we do a lot together, it's healthy to have your own time each day if possible. Enjoyed your photos, as always.

Inger said...

Sounds like another good day to me. And if you are able to get to know those donkeys, I think you will find them to be wonderful animals.

ellen b. said...

We had snow today and didn't get up much past freezing. Glad you could get a nice walk in. We pass a property on our way to our sons where they have donkeys. 4 for $10 is a very good price for ice cream! Happy weekend to you.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - I really like that puzzle. I also like your table. DId Ken build your dining room table? We need a new table and I want one about that color. Hope you have a great weekend.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You are always so busy, Happyone. Keep smiling.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love the first frosty view, I hope you are able to see the donkeys closer during one of your walks. Chili and ice cream sounds great to me! The Diner puzzle is cute and I like the cute Santa ornament. Have a happy weekend!

KEV. Robertson. said...

I like your latest Puzzle- reminders of the TV Show 'Happy Days'. Still some Snow- or Ice about - certainly cold your way Karen. We're in Summer - though these past few days have been cool (70 Deg F). All the Best to you and Ken. KEV.

John's Island said...

I don’t think I will ever get tired of your photos. The way you snap the scenes as you are walking is excellent. My favorite in this post is the third photo looking down the road. The way you framed it up, the exposure, it’s almost as if though I was there myself. Very nice and thank you for sharing.

Rose said...

The photos here look like it is damp and chilly...maybe I am getting that feel from how it is here this day. I like that shot of all the frost!

Hill Top Post said...

I am looking forward to seeing those donkeys! My sister keeps wanting to give me one, but... I imagine we will be seeing bits of snow in most of your pictures from now until spring. And, lots of puzzles on the table which I so enjoy!

Bill said...

Love the first photo with the frost, such a lovely scene.
You guys must really love ice cream, I only eat it in the summer.
Enjoy your day!

Granny Marigold said...

You got a lot done and still had time to work on your scarf. You got the ice cream for a great price.

Tina said...

Your puzzle work inspired me to order one for my son and I to do. It’s only a 300 piece but we are enjoying doing it when time allows. I enjoy my walks by myself as well!! If I had my way, I’d have my main walk alone and then I’d like to have another walk with my husband and son. I can’t believe how expensive hamburger meat is! It got to $4/pound here. We don’t buy much as we use a lot of our on venison. Hope you have a wonderful day!