Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, December 28, 2020

Hard Puzzle

 This morning the temperature was 40 degrees.
Such a change from 8 degrees!!
It was a cloudy morning and windy.
Drove to town and had a nice walk around town.
With the warm temperature lots of melting going on
but still icy places around and water on top of ice is extremely slippery.

Walked up to the cemetery on top of the hill but couldn't walk
around it because of the ice, same thing at the ball park.
Did get to walk around the lower cemetery though.

Passed by the Jeep and dropped off one of my sweat shirts
because I got too warm.

Barn Sale Rd was cleared and dry so walked up that way.
This is the only blue sky today.


Didn't see anyone else out this morning and no animals either.

Walked 6 miles

☁️    😀    ☁️

Well I didn't have to wash those sheets today!!

I have a hard time leaving the Christmas tree and decorations
up after Christmas and wanted to put it all away today,
but will wait until Friday.

The latest puzzle we finished was a HARD one.
The pieces were thicker than usual and you really had to go
by color because some of the pieces would fit in multiple places.
When we finish a puzzle we turn it over and write on the back of
when we did it and sometimes another little something.
Like Ken drew a little picture of me wearing my face mask
and wrote, Karen looks lovely in her mask. 
This puzzle was to fragile to turn over so we wrote on the
bottom of the box.  I didn't notice what we wrote on it last time till
we were putting the puzzle away.
It said 'this one is a killer'.  

Started a new book today, The King of Thrones by
George R. R. Martin.
I've had the set of 5 books sitting around home here now
for a few years and finally I'm getting around to reading it.
That should keep me busy for a while.  I'm sure I won't read
all of them in a row!

When we've been having pizza lately it's been the frozen
kind but today we had a homemade one for supper.
Both are good, just different.

Hope your day was a happy one.
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Hi Patty, got your card today. 😃

14 comments:

Tom said...

...I received a 252 piece puzzle from my daughter of a barn that I photographed, that was heard enough for me!
http://backroadstraveller.blogspot.com/2020/12/a-puzzling-barn-for-christmas.html

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love that puzzle. It does look hard. I take it that you might put puzzles together more than once. So glad you could get out for a walk. Our snow is all gone for right now, but more is expected. We put some of our Christmas stuff away today - the lights in the windows, and around our banister. We might start working on the tree tomorrow. Charly likes to leave the Christmas things up a little longer than I do. I will leave my cards up, probably another week or two, because they remind me of friends and family. Hope you have a good week. See you again tomorrow! :-)

Ruth Hiebert said...

I have already taken down my Christmas decorations. I love to have them up very early, but after Christmas, I’m done with them. Sounds super slippery to walk on ice with a layer of water on it.

Hootin Anni said...

I am one of those who puts Christmas out at Thanksgiving & take everything down the day after Christmas. The snow doesn't look too deep...but, at 40° it's gonna melt quickly. Like the puzzle very much. You redo puzzles more than once? We always donate to senior homes or trade them in.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

All that snow !!! Even in your puzzle.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It was nice to have a warmer day for a walk. Your photos look so pretty, beautiful views. The first and last photos are my favorite. The puzzle is cute. Pizza is always a good meal to me. Take care, enjoy your day!

Lisa said...

Looks like a winter wonder land. We took our tree and decorations down the day after Christmas. If I had a real tree, I would probably stay up longer but we like to pack it all up at once and put it away.
Beautiful puzzle! Perfect for this time of year. We like the frozen pizzas too. Red Barren has been our pick lately.
Lisa

Veronica Lee said...

Wish it snowed over here in my corner of the world! Love that puzzle!

Happy 2021!

Rose said...

I would never have guessed that was a killer puzzle...but cant say I am a good judge. I have had two or three I figured would be super hard and they have been no worse than the others.

Jeanette said...

I have a tendency to not want to do puzzles or games that are too hard! They stress me out and then what is the point? I'm a wimp like that!

Lowcarb team member said...

Your photographs are lovely.
That puzzle does look good, so pleased you got it finished.

Sending my good wishes for a happy and healthy 2021.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

Glad you could get out and walk. Not much color variation in that puzzle so I can understand how hard it was. I received two puzzles at Christmas that are looking to be hard! We'll see. Enjoy your book series!

Bill said...

The water looks nice with the snow and some ice on it. You and Ken work through those puzzles fast. Have a nice evening.

Retired Knitter said...

I am working on a very hard puzzle right now. I will need to pick something a bit easier for the next one - just to take a break.