Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, December 18, 2020

Square Colors

 We got a few more inches of snow overnight.
It was 24 degrees and foggy and I
decided to walk basement loops.
First time 2 1/2 miles,
second time 1 1/2, and the third time 1 mile for a total of 5 miles.

Train picture for my inside walk.


I went outside and shoveled the driveway.
Since it was just a few inches I went outside on my own.
It only took me an hour today.
I don't mind shoveling snow at all, in fact I enjoy it. πŸ˜€❄️
It gets me outside in the snow.

A couple of snow pictures from today.



Finished up a bit of housework.

Ken and I worked on the puzzle and finished another one.
We have now completed two of the set of three that are 500 pieces each.
When we finish the third one I'll post a picture.
These puzzles have some really weird shaped pieces!!

Ken asked if I would make some more of the caramel candy that
I made last week.  Of course I said yes, it is so easy!
I left them too long in the refrigerator last time but we liked 
breaking them in to odd shapes so I did that again this time instead
of cutting them into squares just when set.
I gave a small box of them to our neighbors Ron and Theresa.

These are the 9 colors of squares I'm using to make the
latest (for January) baby blanket.


Another ornament today.


Over and out for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Friday to you.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️

The very fact of snow is such an amazement.
- Roger Ebert -

Comment Replies:
John - We got 8 inches of snow yesterday NOT 18 like you mentioned in your comment, though I would have liked that!  No, won't ask the snow plow driver to pull up the blade, just the one driver does that.  I think he sees me out there shoveling and feels sorry for me! πŸ™‚Really can't expect them to pull up the blade.  If they did that for everyone, they'd never get done plowing!!

15 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

The first of the snowy woods image reminds me of a Beverly Doolittle painting!! Beautiful colors for the upcoming blanket. We finished two puzzles & working on a simple 300 piece Santa & snowman. Ironically one of our puzzles had odd cuts too.

Tom said...

...what fabulous details on the wall! It looks like you have more snow than we do, but in was out in the park today enjoying our snow. Take care.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love those snowy scenes.

Vee said...

❄️You have more snow than I do this much further north. Yet, my daughter, further north than I by 100 miles, only received an inch of snow. She was glad that she didn't have any shoveling to do. You enjoy being very active, which is an excellent attribute. E.B. White wrote a fun essay about the lifting of the blade. He said he had lovely daydreams of a small truck following along behind the plow to clean up after it. 😁

Vee said...

Forgot to say that those colors are very nice. It is always interesting to see the patterns you create with the color choices.

Rose said...

Oh, that first one of the trees and snow is just so stark! Aren't you thankful for a warm house on days like this? Just so many things to be thankful for..

That baby blanket is going to be so beautiful.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the colors for the blanket. Your caramel candy sounds so yummy! What a great Christmas treat. Have a good weekend!

John's Island said...

Hi, Thanks for answering my question. Wow, sorry about the error 18! I hear you about the plow driver, you are right, they would never get done. Congrats on getting 5 miles inside ... that is dedication! :-) It is great you are still making the baby blankets. My hospital asked some of the older volunteers to stay home so I haven't been in the NICU for several months. Have a good weekend!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The snowy scenes are pretty, I think our snow will last till Christmas.
The train display is awesome, I like the mini billboards. The blanket squares are pretty. I do not mind shoveling the snow! Take care, enjoy your weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Another wonderful railway scene.

God bless.

Inger said...

I love all the snow and that you like to shovel it. The colors you chose are cheerful and bright -- I guess that may be a Christmas carol -- but it's true for the blanket as well. And I really need to order a puzzle. Finally, I love the railroad. I think Ken would love a visit to our town and the world famous Tehachapi Loop. Ask him if he knows about it, if not, I can post about it again.

Bill said...

Beautiful snowy scenes and another great railroad shot.
Enjoy your day!

ellen b. said...

Looks like you are getting your fair share of snow. It's a good thing you enjoy snow shoveling. I enjoy it in moderation. Looks like a fun baby blanket will soon be completed. Enjoy your Sunday!

Debi said...

You got quite a bit of snow! We barely got a couple of inches. Weather here has been very weird.

Aritha V. said...

O, that snow! Is it still there? Love it.