Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, December 17, 2020

Snow Removal

 Snowed through the night and stopped this morning.
Too much snow and the snow plows hadn't been through yet
so walked 2 miles down in the basement when I first got up.

This is looking out the basement door.


After breakfast we both went outside and spent 3 hours clearing
 the driveway. Ken as usual with the snow blower and me with the shovel.
While we were out the snow plow came by and blocked 
the driveway entrance again. 
Sometimes the driver will pull the blade up when he passes
the driveway but this guy didn't.
It is pretty hard for our snow blower to get that snow cleared 
so the shovels work better.
Ken walked up the driveway to get another shovel when our
neighbor Ron came over in his BIG snow blower.  He has the kind
that has a cab and he is out of the weather.
He made a couple of passes and got all the snow cleared for us.
So nice to have great neighbors.

I went down in the basement and walked another two miles
but skipped the last two miles because I figured the
snow shoveling made up for it.

This afternoon I worked on the puzzle a bit and
made some weave-it squares.  I think this baby blanket I'm
working on may be my very favorite one.  There are
nine different colors in it.

Todays Christmas Ornament
A Delft Santa


We got about 8 inches of snow and late afternoon it started 
snowing again and it's still snowing now.

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Winter is a season that sparkles with magic
and transforms our ordinary world 
into a glittering kingdom.
- Abi Elphinstone -

21 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Please keep that snow right there! LOL. We have only had about 3" so far and usually by now we have tons of snow and high snowbanks. I like snow for Christmas and then it can disappear and I am a happy camper. lol. xo Diana

Ruth Hiebert said...

All that snow creates a lot of work, but i would welcome it with a smile. We have a light dusting, but a few inches would be great.

ellen b. said...

Yikes! That's a lot of snow in one dump. That is so nice that you have a good neighbor like that. We don't have a snow blower. We're thinking about looking into getting a snow removal blade for our truck. I'm sure you got at least 2 miles of a workout doing all that shoveling. Enjoy your evening.

Tom said...

...it always great to have good neighbors!

John's Island said...

Just watching the evening news and saw that Maryland got a lot of snow. Thought I would check your blog to get the local story. 18 inches ... wow. I've experienced that kind of thing in Montana but not here in Seattle. Will you try to get word to the plow driver to pull up the blade when going by your driveway?

Rose said...

That is a lot of snow...I bet it is so pretty there.

Vee said...

We received between 6 and 8 inches. My neighbor snowblowed the drive enough for my daughter to get in as she's spending the night. I was so glad for his help. Yes, I am sure that all the shoveling more than made up for walking. Now you have me wondering about those nine colors.

Hill Top Post said...

It's a good thing you stocked up on extra puzzles for snowy days! :~) I am hoping for at least one good snow here this year, but amounts over eight inches are just too much. I can imagine how beautiful it must be there.

Granny Marigold said...

That's a lot of snow!!
The Delft Santa is really cute.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow - you got a lot of snow. So nice your neighbor helped you out. That sure is cute Santa ornament. Can't wait to see that colorful baby blanket! See you again tomorrow!

Hootin Anni said...

They did that to us every winter, too. Driveway clear & then ...bam! Plowed back in!! I finally called the county (since it was a county road) & got them to come back & open our driveway. They never blocked us again. Love the Santa, & can't wait to see your new blanket.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I wondered, Happyone: who clears the snow for the snow ploughs to come through? Do you know?

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- That sure is a lot of Snow- something like this is totally alien to me- I cannot imagine what it would be like living where it really snows a lot. Stay well and warm there Karen and Ken. Regards. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

We had a lot of snow too, around 11 inches. I am thankful for our nice neighbor too, he used his plow on our driveway. We still had to shovel around the cars and deck. It was a heavy snow. The blanket sounds beautiful and I love the pretty Santa ornament. Take care, stay safe! Have a happy day and a great weekend!

Inger said...

I have a great neighbor too and it's so wonderful. I love the snowy view, it looks like you got a lot of snow. Enjoy it!

Happy@Home said...

I enjoyed seeing your winter wonderland. Always such a pretty sight, but I don't miss all of the shoveling.
Your blue Santa ornament is adorable.
Have a great weekend.

Susie said...

Yuck, too much snow for me girl. I know that snow plow woe too often. I actually shovel our drive and will shovel what I can across the road, that way there isn't as much to pile up in the drive entrance. Stay warm and safe. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

William Kendall said...

That's a lot of snow.

Bill said...

I always hated the pile of snow at the end of the driveway. It's so hard to get through it. Glad you have a fantastic neighbor. The snow looks nice and pretty.
Enjoy the day and stay warm.

The Furry Gnome said...

Sounds like real winter to me!

Debi said...

My husband says it doesn't matter when he decides to clean out the driveway, the snowplow won't come down our street until he is all finished!