Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, December 19, 2020

Christmas Blocks

Another day for walking my miles down in the basement.
No sense in driving to town to walk because the sidewalks
would be slippery and also the side roads.
Tomorrow will probably be inside too.

I made the mistake of picking up a puzzle piece as I walked passed
the puzzle this morning, and there went the morning!

After lunch we went out for a drive just to get away from the
house for a little while.
Everything looked so pretty with all the snow.
I especially like the snow on the pine trees.

Just puttered about the house the rest of the afternoon.
Today was one of those days when I didn't get a thing done.

Ken made these Christmas blocks quite a while ago.


A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

It is Christmas every time you let God love others through you.
- Mother Teresa -

Comment Replies:
Inger - Ken is well aware of The Tehachapi Loop. He says it is famous with model railroaders and people have modeled it on their train layouts.

15 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Love thise blocks Ken made!! And, I sure understand about even PASSING the puzzle table.

Tom said...

...those blocks are a wonderful idea. I have lot of scrap wood, should it a try! Be careful on the ice!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those blocks are very cute. Snow on the evergreens is so pretty.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the Christmas block. My Saturday hasn't been super productive either, but some days are just like that, and that is just fine! See you again tomorrow!

ellen b. said...

Oh boy...I know what you mean about picking up a puzzle piece. My morning escaped me with the latest puzzle! I like those Christmas blocks.

Lisa said...

Those blocks are adorable!
Lisa

Granny Marigold said...

Sometimes it's nice to have a day when you take it easy and don't really accomplish much. Have a lovely Sunday.

KEV. Robertson. said...

I wouldn't fret about not getting things done- I've many days like that. Did the Mowing this afternoon- first time I've mowed since my Heart operation in April 2020. Tomorrow I will Wash the Car. Stay warm there with all the Snow.

Rose said...

Everyone needs to take an afternoon off every now and then...

I like those blocks, too.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love seeing the pine covered with snow. The blocks are so cute, Ken is very talented. Have a happy day and week ahead! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Best wishes for Christmas.

God bless.

Jeanette said...

We drove around looking at Christmas lights the other night. We almost never do that but sometimes you just need to get out! Love the blocks Ken made!

Inger said...

I thought Ken would know about it, all fans of the railroads seem to. I didn't know about until I moved here and now I find it a very impressive feat for that time. I have started to walk more seriously as I was losing strength in my legs. I'm 80 now, and don't want to just sit around. So you are one of my inspirations. I love the way you keep up you walks and have that indoor track to walk as well.

Bill said...

I like those blocks, very nice and festive.
Be careful walking the roads when you do.

Debi said...

Love the blocks that Ken made.