Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Snowy Day

 22 degrees and cloudy this morning when I walked.
Drove to town and walked all over town.
Stayed away from the cemetery on the hill because because
it being out in the open the wind would have been worse.

Walking around the ball park I saw the man walking his
little dog.  Still don't know their names. 

A couple pictures along my walk.



It was supposed to start snowing at 7:00 but it held off till
I got home.  After about 5 miles I started to see a few flurries
floating around in the air.

Walked 6 miles
Found a Penny.

☁️    🙂    💰    🌨

Got some house work done in the morning.

Finished the puzzle. 🧩


Took it apart and started another.
The puzzle we are doing now is a set of three - different rooms in a house -
each 500 pieces.
We almost mixed all the pieces together but in the end
decided NOT to do that. 

Baked a Yum Yum cake this afternoon.
It has mincemeat in it and the recipe is my
Grandmothers - mother's mom.

Today's ornament is a reindeer, a gift from a friend.


The snow continued all day.
I went outside to get the mail at 3:45 and then stayed out for a little
while walking around in the snow.  I love being out when it's snowing.


Here's the snow angel I made.

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Wednesday to you.

👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Life is like a blanket of snow.
Be careful how you step on it.
Every step will show.
- unknown -

17 comments:

John's Island said...

I always enjoy snow until I have to drive in it. Your snow angel is neat.

ellen b. said...

Love the snow angel. OH MY! I panicked when you thought about mixing up all those puzzle pieces! Glad you decided not to. :) I need to get out in the snow more since it's a fact of life in our new environs. Have a good evening.

Tom said...

...light snow is falling here this evening. The old ice cream truck makes a wonderful puzzle. Mincemeat is something that I have never had. YOur house looks great in the snow and I can't reminder the last time that I made a snow angel.

Vee said...

That's a very cute snow angel. I think you are going to learn the man's name and the little dog's before too long. Oh scrambling all the pieces together nearly gives me a headache. So glad that you didn't go that far!

Rose said...

We got just a skim...a bit more than a dusting, but not half an inch! I like that ornament.

Granny Marigold said...

Love your snow angel ( and the fact that you like making one).

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I was thinking about you today when I saw the weather channel. I knew you would get a good snow! I love your beautiful home and that snow angel! holiday hugs!

Ruth Hiebert said...

A gentle snowfall is so beautiful .You made a lovely snow angel.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Penny in the snow.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

Love the quote you added. Snow angels...good memories. We're almost finished with our 1000 pc. puzzle & have one more to go before I order more. Now, gonna go follow the link to your cake.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Your first photo looks very bleak and very cold. Nice photos of your House in the Snow- you've made a good 'Snow Angel'. Stay warm there. Regards. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The puzzle is a cute scene with the ice cream truck. I love your snow angel and the pretty ornament. We had a big snow yesterday, not sure how much yet. Take care, have a happy day!

susan q said...

I try making a snowman sometimes but forget about snow angels! will try to remember to make one! Expecting a nor' easter in s central PA but not wanting it! Fingers crossed for a dusting, lol. Was able to walk before the storm arrives. Like the puzzle. I can't seem to concentrate on mine. Be safe.

Happy@Home said...

Your snow angel made me smile. What fun!
Your house looks so pretty sitting up the hill covered with snow.
The puzzle you just finished is charming. Simple summer pleasures.

Bill said...

Your house looks pretty with the snow all around. Nice carved ornament, I like it. Cool snow angel, if I did one, I think I would need help getting back up. :) Have a great day!

NanaDiana said...

The kids thought it was hysterical last year when I made a snow angel...who says I'm too old? lol.
I am finally getting my treadmill delivered from my old house- I won't be walking outside but at least I will be walking. Maybe I can read blogs while I walk. lol. xo Diana

William Kendall said...

It looks quite chilly.