Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

4 inside and 2 outside

Temperature dropped and it got icy so I decided to walk inside.
2 miles before breakfast and 2 miles after breakfast.

Inside walk train layout picture for today.


 Mid morning the sun was shining so we went outside and got
the driveway shoveled and salt put down.

Picture looking out from the driveway.


I got the last two miles in walking around Happy Trails.

Thought my fence looked pretty with the snow on it.


We didn't go to Shop and Save today because we didn't need anything,
but we did go to the Dollar General for a couple of things.

This Santa ornament is one that I made.
Cut it out with a scroll saw and then painted it.


Didn't get any work done inside.  Got working on the puzzle in the
afternoon and the day just flew by.

That's all I've got for today.
A happy Tuesday to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

The art of being happy lies in the power
of extracting happiness from common things.
- Henry Ward Beecher

20 comments:

John's Island said...

Ken's train layout is looking great. Congrats to him. Love the picture looking out from your driveway.

Jeanette said...

Love pictures of the train layout! The fence does look beautiful with the snow on it!

Tom said...

...in Ken's train layout, I liked the Piedmont Airlines sign, I remember that. All of the John Deere equipment is a nice addition. The view from your drive is gorgeous.

ellen b. said...

It's always fun to see a section of Ken's train layout. Sounds like you had a good workout on that driveway. Lovely views!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I really like how that natural fence looks with the snow.

Rose said...

The first thing I noticed is that truck, followed by that Volkswagon van....I would love to have either one.

What a grand view you have from your drive!

Granny Marigold said...

Time sure can fly by when one is doing a puzzle. I can't see well enough to do them now but I still hold on to some old favourites, many of which were Christmas ones.

KEV. Robertson. said...

I like your Santa that you have made- very clever and crafty.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The train photos you post are so cheerful.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

Four great things...your Santa, the train yard, the snow fence, and that great view from home!!

Kerri Farley said...

Love the ornament you made!! I hear you may be having some more snow in the next few days too :)

eileeninmd said...

The train display is awesome. Pretty snowy scenes, your fence does look nice. I think we will be shoveling today, snow coming after noon.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Beautiful snowy pictures! That Santa ornament is so cute. I love the slow, relaxing pace of your days that you describe. Have a good one and I will see you tomorrow!

Inger said...

I love the indoor train tracks and all the rest that Ken has done. What a great place to walk indoors. Love you views too.

Retired Knitter said...

I love the picture of Happy Trails a lot. Natural beauty even in winter.

William Kendall said...

The wintery views are lovely!

Michelle said...

Cold and wet here in Kentucky today. I did a walking work out type video on youtube this morning. Don't want to venture outside!

Vee said...

Your outlook on life is admirable, positive, and cheering. Mine is significantly more dour.

Bill said...

A beautiful view from your driveway. Love your Santa ornament.

Happy@Home said...

That is a beautiful view to look upon while snow shoveling. Your fence also looks lovely with it's wintery coating.
I always enjoy seeing Ken's train layout. I think I'd like to live there :).
Very cute Santa you made.