Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, December 07, 2020

Monday

This morning when I walked it was 22 degrees, cloudy,
and no wind.

I first walked over to the post office and dropped all my
Christmas cards I finished writing out yesterday 
down the mail slot. Nice to have the cards mailed and on their way.

Walked around town, the ball park, both cemeteries, and
down to see the bulls.
One of them came over to me and when I put my hand out
he sniffed me. One time I had a bull lick my hand but not this time.

This was one of the few places that had some snow left.
Once it warms up this will be MUD.



Tractor down by the bulls which you can see on the left.


Most of the geese were all down by the town pond but there were 
a few by the farm pond across from the bulls.

The left front tire on the Jeep has a slow leak and every few days we have
to put air in it.  Forgot to mention to Ken that it needed air again
and when I walked past the Jeep the tire looked pretty low.
So even though I had only walk 4.5 miles I decided to go home
before it lost any more.

☁️    🙂    ☁️

Went to the dump this morning to drop off our trash and
then continued on to the church.
Had to drop off a few things including the last three
baby blankets that I've made.
This is that latest one I just finished.


After lunch I put out the rest of the Christmas decorations around
the house except for the tree.  Still have to go out back
and cut it down. (hopefully tomorrow)

Got the next puzzle out of the box and have the border just about done.

Ken's mom gave us a set of these Christmas dishes a long time ago.


That's all for today.
Thanks for visiting.
A happy Monday to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Christmas is not just a time for festivity and merry making.
It is more than that.
It is a time for the contemplation of eternal things.
The Christmas spirit is a spirit of giving and forgiving.
- James Cash Penney -

21 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Looking forward to seeing your tree all decorated! That blanket is wonderful!! I love when cows lick my skin...so soft.

Tom said...

...you were about 5 degrees colder than here, by the weekend we will be enjoying mud season!

Rose said...

That is a migty big 4-wheeler! LOL

I love the baby blanket...they always look so warm and cuddly.

Debi said...

Good thing you noticed the tire before it went totally flat. I love the baby blankets that you make. We don't have our tree up yet either, hopefully sometime this week. I have drink glasses that match your dishes. They were a gift from the first teacher that worked with and I love them.

Happy@Home said...

I know it must be a good feeling to have your cards done and in the mail. Mine are sitting here waiting to be dealt with. I'm hoping to get them done by Wednesday.
I really like the colors on this baby blanket. Very cheerful.
Do you and Ken eat your Christmas dinner off of that pretty china?

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love the Christmas dishes.

Vee said...

Wonderful pattern and colors on the latest baby blanket. So many things you can do with those squares.

Is there anything more annoying than a slow leak? Hope that you get it fixed before long.

Sweet Christmas dishes...are they Spode? Looks a lot like their Christmas pattern.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the Christmas dishes. What a great heirloom. That baby blanket will be just perfect for a Valentine baby. Slow tire leaks and low air lights are annoying and good things to get fixed. See you again tomorrow.

Granny Marigold said...

The Christmas dishes are lovely!!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wishing you and yours a Blessed Advent.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

I like your baby Blanket - you do such a great job Karen. Best Wishes. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,


Your blanket is pretty and the Christmas dishes are lovely.
I just put my Christmas cards out in our mailbox, the mailman took them yesterday. The weather has been cold here, still no snow.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Kerri Farley said...

Those Christmas dishes are beautiful!!! and so is that baby blanket :)

Inger said...

I grew up in a time and place where Christmas was not commercialized and I value that, I value the traditions, my memories of family gatherings and the love that brought.

Susie said...

Sweet dishes, from your MIL. That was cold morning walk. Love the blankets. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Bill said...

Nice festive dishes. Cold and windy here today.

Jeanette said...

That is a cold morning walk! I usually can't walk outside if it's below 35 because I always get a sinus headache. So I use my treadmill which isn't too bad if I have something interesting to watch on my iPad. Love the Christmas dishes.

William Kendall said...

I do like those Christmas dishes.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your festive dishes and the baby blanket is wonderful, what lovely colours together.

All the best Jan

Michelle said...

I always love snow, but the muddy mess it leaves afterwards is not so great!

ellen b. said...

Love those dishes you were gifted by Ken's mom. That baby blanket is a fun combination of colors. We were just talking about the dump today. We decided that we'd go just before Christmas since there will be an overload of trash from the Christmas festivities. Congrats on finishing your cards. I finished Tuesday afternoon. It's always a good feeling to have them sent on their way.