Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, December 26, 2020

Today is Saturday, NOT Monday 🙂

Back to walking today but not outside.
It was snowing again and was only 8 degrees and windy.
So all of my 6 miles was done inside.

Instead of taking a picture of just a train layout scene
thought you might like to see a bigger part of it.
This is about a quarter of the layout.
There is another quarter finished and
 Ken still has another half he's working on.
It is never really finished because there is aways
something else to add.
This is what you see at the bottom of the stairs in the basement.

Got a few house chores done but really didn't do much
today.  Just kept busy with my usual reading,
sewing, puzzling, and knitting.

Had a senior moment today.
I usually take the sheets off the bed on Mondays and wash them.
So today took the sheets off the bed put them in the washing machine
when all of a sudden I said its Saturday not Monday.
Anyway, I got a start on next weeks house cleaning!

That's all I've got for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo,
but what you want is someone who will take the bus
with you when the limo breaks down.
- Oprah Winfrey -

18 comments:

Rose said...

Oh, my, I love the senior moment...I have lots of them. Well, we were cold yesterday, but not that cold. It stay at 10° till noon or past...the only change during that time was it went from 'Feels like -6° to Feels like -4°.'

It did get up to 14, or according to our car, 16. I tend to believe the 14.

Tom said...

...since I retired I have a hard time remembering what day it is. I like Oprah's quote!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - I had to smile because Charly and I have been laughing lately about our senior moments and how we walk into a room and then forget why we came in there. I think this stupid pandemic is making for more senior moments. I love that big picture of Ken's train layout. Thanks for sharing. I think that is so cool. I hope you have a good Sunday and I will stop by and say hello again!

Hill Top Post said...

I wash sheets on Mondays too. It’s the way I grew up. Of course, back then, we didn’t have the option of putting them in the dryer in case of rain, so that schedule would sometimes change according to the weather. I am fascinated with the train layout. I noticed that he has a great lighting system.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Wow, the train layout looks huge. Ken has done a beautiful job, creating the buildings and mountains. Since I retired I often forget what day it is, hubby and I both have these senior moments.
Take care, have a great Sunday! Have a happy new week!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Ken's Layout is superb- a rather large layout too- well done Ken! Yes, 'Senior Moments'- I keep the Yearly Calander nearby so I don't loose knowing what day it is- and I list anything special that I've done through the day - I think I'm having a 'Senior Month' as I've not done much at all- except paint the Kitchen Window...here is hoping I can be more productive next year. Best Wishes. KEV.

Rose said...

I got so tickled about the senior moment. And your weather that Inforgot to say how impressive Ken's train layout is. It is really amazing.

Jeanette said...

I have many senior moments but can't remember them all! That train layout is fantastic!

Retired Knitter said...

WOW! Only one quarter! Amazing.

Granny Marigold said...

I'm all mixed up with the days of the week too lately, I hope after this week I can get back on schedule.
Ken's train layout is very impressive.

Henny Penny said...

Ken's layout is amazing! I could spend a day watching it all. Your senior moment is funny. I have lots of them too. Almost every day that Poppy is home I think it's Saturday, and now he is home five days out of the seven.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love that railroad scene. Very creative and detailed.

Debi said...

I chuckled when I read about your sheet washing. I washed my sheets yesterday too. It just seemed like a good day to do it. When the weather is nice I pick my sheet washing day on a day that I can hang the sheets outside. In the winter I usually wash them on Sunday.

Hootin Anni said...

That's the pleasure of being retired...tou can wash sheets any day of the week!

Beautiful, magical work on the train setting!!

The Furry Gnome said...

Amazing and fascinating! I'd so like to see it in person. Lots of senior moments here.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful train layout. What patience.

God bless.

Bill said...

I have a few calendars that my daughter sent us and I still have problems knowing what day it is. :)

ellen b. said...

Such a great layout in your basement. I can see how it can keep getting additions to it. That's funny about the sheets! :)