Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, December 12, 2020

Caramels

 Surprisingly warm this morning at 46 degrees.
It was cloudy with no wind.


A walk all over town, up and down all the streets,
around both cemeteries and the ball park.
Rebecca was out walking her cute little dog Leo.

There is a sign by the town pond that reads:

You can't do much at the pond, except look at it,
walk around it, or go fishing.
It's also nice for taking pictures.

Walked 6 miles

☁️    πŸ™‚    ☁️

Took apart the puzzle and picked out the next one but haven't
started it yet.  We did it last year, you might remember the one
of the Good Humor Ice Cream Truck.

Puttered about the house today.
Read some and finished the latest A to Z Bible Study 
lesson - I, the Invisible enemy. 
This was a very good one about Satan.

Made some candy this afternoon - Caramels.
Got the recipe off of Nana Diana's blog.
You can find her recipe HERE.
You are supposed to cut it in squares when set.
I must have left it in the refrigerator to set too long because it did
more than just set.
It came out of the pan in one very hard block.
I put it on parchment paper put another piece on top
and hit it with the back of a knife.
It broke in pieces, like peanut brittle.
Still it was very easy to make and tastes great.




That's all for today.
A happy Saturday to you and
thanks for stopping by.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile,
but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.
- Nhat Hanh

Comment Replies:
Deb - No, Ken didn't make the table we do our puzzles on.  It is an Ethan Allen trestle table that we bought about 40 years ago. It is pine and was very dark when we bought it. Since then it's been painted and then I stripped it and made it the light color you see now.  The bottom is painted black.

Bill - Yes, we do like our ice cream and eat it year round.  Most evenings we have a small bowl of it.  Ken always gets it so I don't over do and eat too much! πŸ™‚It's a good source of calcium too! πŸ™‚

15 comments:

Rose said...

You just made me realize how much I would like to have some good peanut brittle....it was something I would eat as a child and my mom loved it. Now I find I love it.

That sure is a beautiful sky shot...

ellen b. said...

Those caramels look great! 46 degrees! Balmy! We didn't above freezing today. Have a great Sunday!

Tom said...

...what a sky! Perhaps the no fishing sign fell off. Wonderful saying by Nhat Hanh.

Sandi said...

I am going to have to look up that recipe on Nana Diana's blog. Looks good!

Vee said...

Maybe Nana Diana will stop by. Caramel is wonderful no matter how it comes. This looks like my favorite Canadian candy McIntosh so I want to make whatever mistake you made. ☺️

Hill Top Post said...

You do get some great pictures of the pond.

KEV. Robertson. said...

I like your little Santa miniature. Best Wishes. KEV.

Hootin Anni said...

Love the Santa ornament & thst sunrise is a sight to behold. So, we'll call it caramel brittle....maybe it was cooked too long? Will have to check out the recipe.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the pretty sunrise! We enjoy a nice warm Saturday too. We have a similar sign at our lake, NO to everything. The caramels look yummy. I love the Santa! Happy Sunday, have a great new week ahead!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful Santa statue.

God bless.

Inger said...

It was 22 here, I told the dogs that Frosty is visiting, mommy is old, and we have to wait a long, long time for our walk. Your Santa is lovely. And the caramels look delicious.

Bill said...

Beautiful sunrise. Love the quote, we have a few books by Nhat Hanh.
Enjoy your day and a bowl ice cream. :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

I don't think the shape of the caramels matters. It looks really good.

Sue said...

I love anything that has a caramel taste, I make a chocolate cake with caramel icing so delicious. I would love to say I am a good candy maker, but I am not. Thanks for sharing, love the quote about the smile, especially now that most smiles are hidden behind masks. Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Tina said...

Mouthwatering caramel! Thanks for posting the sign by the pond. At least you can fish there! That’s the most important thing in my book.