Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, November 01, 2020

Some Quotes about the Bible

Happy Sunday

Here's what some have said about the Bible.

George Washington
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without the Bible."

Andrew Jackson
"That book, sir, is the book on which our Republic rests."

Abraham Lincoln
"But for this Book we could not know right from wrong.
I believe the Bible is the best gift God has ever given to man.
All the good from the Saviour of the world
is communicated to us through this Book."

Sir Issac Newton
"We account the Scriptures of God to be the most sublime philosophy.
I find more sure marks of authenticity in the Bible than in any profane
history whatsoever." 

Charles W Mayo
"In sickness or in health,
one can find comfort and constructive advice in the Bible."

Benjamin Franklin
"Young men, my advice to you is that you cultivate
an acquaintance with, and a firm belief in the Holy Scriptures."

King George V
"The English Bible...is the most valuable thing that this world affords."


II Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, 
and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof,
for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

📖    📖    📖

Pretty dark looking sky this morning.
Got back from walking just in time.



A Blessed Sunday to all.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Anni - No, the dogs weren't let out on purpose because they were moving.  The woman was VERY HAPPY and APPRECIATIVE to get her dogs back.  The dogs are loved.

15 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Wonderful quotes. Yes, the Bible has all the answers.

Vee said...

It is always interesting to read what men (and women) have said about The Bible. I was surprised about one or two of them. That is a dark sky.

Tom said...

...we enjoyed a similar day!

ellen b. said...

Enjoyed reading the quotes with the grand finale of II Timothy!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Amen

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

Andrew Jackson's is my favorite for our world's situation... The words In God We Trust comes to mind. I read somewhere Lincoln was atheist? Maybe I am dreaming.



I'm so happy to read the dogs were loved. There is so much cruelty these days.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- My first Bible was the St James version gifted to me in a Sunday School Gathering at Manly Park (Sydney)- I still have it after almost 55 years - still in great condition and it still has my original Bible Society Book Mark...of all the lessons in the Bible - the 'Ten Commandments' is what has made me live the way I have. Best Wishes. KEV.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Very wise people who have realized the importance of the Bible. Love all of the quotes. The sky is so pretty when it is dark blue.........if a storm does not develop. Have a lovely week

Lisa said...

These are some great quotes by some wise men. I wish our leaders would look in the Bible for more direction.
Lisa

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a dark sky. I appreciated the quotes today too. Yesterday a stray shower caught us on the trails and we got wet. We didn't melt though and I have a big ziplock to put my camera in so it was safe! Enjoy your week!

Bill said...

Rain and some thunder here today. I love the quotes of what people said about the Bible.

Henny Penny said...

All those quotes are so true. Sure enjoyed reading them. That is a dark looking sky. Glad you made it home in time.

Rose said...

I enjoyed the quotes, too...and love that sky.

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a dark sky in your photographs.

Hope you had a happy Sunday.
Happy November Wishes.

All the best Jan

Tina said...

I’m teaching my son a “beginner” version of American History this year. We’ve read so much encouragement from our Founding Fathers in regards to their faith in God. Thank you..I’m going to screen shot these and post them in our school room.