Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, November 02, 2020

A few flurries

 25 degrees this morning with snow flurries and VERY WINDY.
It was a day to bring out my warmest coat.
My coat is the warmest coat I've ever had and it kept me
toasty warm, in fact I was a bit too warm!!
(I can only wear this coat when it is 25 or below, its just too warm)
The wind gusts would push me along or hold me back,
and had me laughing at times.

Walked all over town and around all my usual loops.
Didn't see anyone else out.
No animals either.
They must have been hunkered down out of the wind.



Walked 6 miles

🌨   💨

Smelled good in the kitchen this morning.
Baked a Cheese Cake.
Tomorrow is Ken's birthday and his favorite is cheese cake
so that is what he gets.
I like it too. 🙂
It is supposed to be refrigerated overnight but we might have
a piece for our snack tonight instead of ice cream.

Finished sewing up the last two strips on Novembers
baby blanket this afternoon. 
A very colorful one.


My new jacket and 4 turtlenecks from L.L. Bean came in the
mail already.  That sure was fast. Everything fits perfectly.
The jacket is black and I've started knitting a bright 
scarf to go with it. 

Nothing came of the snow flurries and though the wind has
continued we had a nice bright sunny day.
This morning thought I might have to get the first jigsaw puzzle
 of the season going but it will have to wait a while longer.
The snow has to stay on the ground before it counts.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Monday to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

If you truly love nature,
you will find beauty everywhere.
- Vincent Van Gogh

16 comments:

ellen b. said...

Yippee for Happy Birthday Cheesecake. Dear would probably prefer cheesecake for his birthday, too. Happy Birthday to Ken! That is a nice cheerful baby blanket. I like the color combination. Sounds like a great jacket for freezing temps. Have a great evening!

Rose said...

Tomorrow is my birthday, too. We celebrated yesterday at daughter's....they had bought cheese cake...YUM! Anyway, tell Ken Happy Birthday...

that is such a cheerful blanket! A baby will love it, as well as its mom.

Pom Pom said...

I like hearing about your very warm coat!
I think the colorful baby blanket is gorgeous!

Tom said...

...it looked the same here today. It was bitterly cold and the wind could blow you out of your shoes!

Vee said...

Your snack sounds better than my crackers. Happy Birthday early to Ken.

Hope that you love your LL Bean things...are you modeling?

I'd love to see you trying to walk in all that wind. You probably entertained a few townsfolk, too. 😊

Lisa said...

I have some rain shoes from LLBeam and a couple tote bags as well.
Our temperatures here in NC were down to 36 degrees this morning but warmed up to the 60 by afternoon.
I stayed in all day. To cold for me.
Lisa

Ruth Hiebert said...

now you have the snow flurries and today we were sitting at +17C. it was a pleasant day, for Nove. I like that colorful baby blanket.

Hill Top Post said...

I would much rather walk in snow than in strong winds! Hopefully, it will be awhile before I have to get out my extra warm L.L. Bean coat! Cheese cake is a favorite of ours too. The colorful new blanket is perfect for this time of year.

Granny Marigold said...

I guess you were the only one brave enough to venture out in the wind.
Happy birthday to Ken. Now I'm going to check out your recipe for cheese cake and see if it's similar to mine.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Wishing a HAPPY BIRTHDAY for KEN. Yum- Cheesecake! (One of my favorite sweets). I've never been in Snow- must be mighty cold during Winter. Regards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Lovely photos. It looks cold out there.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am sure the wind helped blow the snow away. You coat sounds great, I can not be too warm. The cheesecake sounds yummy. Happy Birthday to Ken! Take care! Have a happy new week!

Happy@Home said...

Happy Birthday to Ken. Enjoy that cheesecake. I like the cheerful colors in this blanket.

Hootin Anni said...

The last time I made a cheese cake was last year...it's time for another one! Happy Birthday to Ken!!
My sister swear by L L Bean, she orders all her clothes from them (even shoes I believe, not sure). We started a jigsaw a couple of weeks ago and other than the outline edges, it's not been worked on...this time of year we are outdoors enjoying the sunny, pleasant weather.

Bill said...

Nice blanket and quote. HB to Ken, hope he has a wonderful day.

William Kendall said...

Happy Birthday to Ken!