Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Cold and Clear

The rain stopped and it was a cold clear morning for walking.
27 degrees but no wind.
The moon was huge this morning!
Walking around town there were some icy spots around so had to be careful.

Had one of those random walks all over the place.
This is taken on the other side of town walking back
from the industrial park.

On the way up to the cemetery.
A lot of the trees are bare now but there are a few pretty
trees around with their leaves yet.


 A while back I mentioned that I brought two dogs that had gotten
out of their yard back to their house.
Well the house is now empty with a For Sale sign out front.
They sure moved out fast.


Another day that I didn't see anyone else out walking.

Walked 6 miles
Found a quarter and a penny.

💰

☀️    🎃    ☀️

Took our $5 coupon to Dollar General this morning and
did a bit of shopping.

Spent a good part of the afternoon sewing squares together
and I'm half done.  Will do some more this evening and
probably finish up tomorrow.

I've been doing a home Bible Study from A to Z
that our church is providing.
When a lesson is finished, you mail it in and the next one is then
mailed out.  I got E in the mail today.
A - Assurance
B - Baptism
C - The Church
D - Daily Walk with God
E - The Eternal Word

Really have been enjoying doing them and I look
forward each time to see what subject is chosen for each letter.

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Saturday to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Not the maker of plans and promises,
but rather the one who offers faithful service in small matters.
This is the person who is most likely to achieve what is good and lasting.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

14 comments:

Tom said...

...we had a similar day here, I hope the see the Blue Moon tonight!

Rose said...

That tree in the second shot sure is bright! And beautiful.

ellen b. said...

That's a great idea for Bible Study. Glad you are enjoying it. I'm always amazed at the coins you find. I keep looking...
Full moon tonight!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That lone brightly colored tree sure stands out. It is beautiful.

Vee said...

A clear night must mean a nice, big full moon. I was hoping to see it tonight, but foul weather is coming in and there is no moon showing tonight. It would have been atmospheric for the trick or treaters.

Wow, that lady and her dogs did move quickly. I like that beautiful golden tree still doing its best to hang on.

Have a good Sunday...

Happy@Home said...

The tree in your second photo really stands out beautifully. I guess it is getting to be that time of year for icy spots. I know you are careful about that. Sounds like a fairly profitable walk today.

Gretchen Joanna said...

I love the Goethe quote and have saved it in my collection. :-)

With all this walking, I think you may live forever!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Nice photo of the Town- if a little deserted. We had rain this morning though it has cleared up and things are drying out and it is a bit cold for Spring. We have a roof leak over the study- no rain gets in but the ceiling paint 'bubbles' in one spot- hope to get a Roofer in to have a go at fixing the Roof Tiles etc. Have a great week Karen. Regards. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Nice tour of the town, you still have some pops of colorful trees.
I woke up this morning to another cloudy and cold day. Nice quote!
Take care, enjoy your day. Have a great new week!

Hootin Anni said...

I sure hope the dog owners didn't deliberately set them loose, knowing they were moving out.

Pretty tree!

Debi said...

I always enjoying your walks, thanks for sharing them with us.

Bill said...

A nice morning walk. I can feel the coldness in your photos.

Retired Knitter said...

The weather sure is different in your part of the state than in mind. I think I would prefer living there! :-)

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the tree in your second photograph, what a gorgeous colour.

All the best Jan