Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, November 21, 2020

Saturday

 50 degrees this morning, cloudy, and a couple of times a little misty
when I walked.

When I start walking I usually have a route planned out but
rarely stick to it.  Today I stuck to the planned route and it was exactly
six miles. Usually when I get back to the car there is still a couple
of tenths to walk to make it to the six mile mark.

Started out going around both of the cemeteries,
and down to visit the bulls.

Then my route took me up to the school.
This is another angle of the barn where the bulls live.


Just getting to the school here. School is across the street.
Another farm pond and if you look close can see geese on it.


This  is the back of the Dairy Farm I walk pass
when walking the Farm Loop.
Picture was taken in the field behind the school.


Continued my walk back down the hill and over to the ball park.
Around there a couple of times and then down the main road
to the Dollar General.
Then back to the car.

Very quiet around town, no one about today.
Another enjoyable walk.
Walked 6 miles
Found a dime

☁️    🙂    💰

Another fried toast breakfast.
Then it was off to the Dollar General.
My second time there today only this time I didn't walk there,
it was open, and I went inside. 🙂

IT's been a dreary, cloudy day with periods of mist.
Did a couple of house chores and then read,
and made a few red weave-it squares. 
Then there was the puzzle to work on. 🧩
Planning on staying up tonight till I finish it.
Will let you know tomorrow if it gets done.

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hope your day was a happy one.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Everyone can do simple things to make a difference,
and every little bit really does count.
- Stella Mccartney

15 comments:

Tom said...

...Karen, you sure live in a beautiful farming community!

Sue said...

You have such a beautiful area to walk, Karen, I always look for coins on my walks, once in a while I find a penny or a dime, and since my walk consists of my driveway, I think my dh drops a coin ever so often just to see if I will find it. Wink~
Sorry for being so late in visiting, life is so busy these days.

The quote is so true, thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Ruth Hiebert said...

Good luck with that puzzle.

Rose said...

That barn is real beauty...I always enjoy seeing it. I noticed the geese right away. I seen a handful of geese as I passed through the strip pits the other day...not near the amount that used to come through in the fall.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- nice pictures of the Farms and Geese on the Pond. Warm here today at 85 Deg F..thankfully things cool down for the evening. Enjoying your Posts. Regards. KEV.

Debi said...

We finally saw some geese! We haven't seen any of the snow geese yet and hubby thinks that we missed them completely. Thanks for sharing your walk.

Hootin Anni said...

My favorite today is the dairy farm. There's just something about it.

GOT milk?

Victor S E Moubarak said...

At last, another coin.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I like the views of the farms, the geese are enjoying the pond. We had a dreary Saturday too! Take care, enjoy your day!

Inger said...

You are such an inspiration as I really need to walk every day, but don't. It looks like it's cold outside in your pictures.

Bill said...

Such beautiful scenery and landscape.
Have a great day!

ellen b. said...

There comes a point in putting together puzzles that I have a difficult time leaving until it is finished. Another 50 degree morning...balmy. :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Always enjoy seeing your photographs.

All the best Jan

Jeanette said...

Nice morning for a walk even though the pictures look cold! Everything is so much prettier when it's all green! I already miss summer!

Rose said...

Came to reply about all the hubcaps in my post today...no, not for sale. Or at least there was no sign. That was on a backroad, just wide enough for one car, and the road curved around till I could get that view.