Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, November 20, 2020

Busy Town

 Warmed up this morning, it was 50 degrees when I
left walking. Very windy and sunny once the sun rose.

Barn just at the edge of town.

Walked all over town in all the usual places.

While I was walking around the cemetery on top of the hill,
A guy drove up in this truck and unloaded the digger.
We said good morning and commented on the wind.
Next time around he had started digging the grave.
Then I left and walked to the ball park.


Saw the woman I see once in a while walking and since she wasn't
far away this time we said good morning as we passed by.
Funny how I meet people walking.
First we pass and just say good morning and do that for a few times.
Then after a while say a few more words passing by.
Eventually we stop and introduce ourselves and have a little chat.
And bingo another walking friend. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿšถ‍♀️

The house you see through the trees is the one that is for sale
down the tree lined driveway in yesterdays post.
Took the picture walking around the ball park loop.
In the summer you can't see the house.


Saw my friend George leaving the bakery with a box of donuts. ๐Ÿฉ
He asked if I wanted one.
Oh no, I said, I'd have to walk another few miles to work off
all those calories.

Workers were finishing the work on the apartment building
in town (the old school) that was started a while ago.
It got a new roof and little porches with overhangs at the entrances.
New gutters were being put on today.

Also saw an older couple walking around the car dealer looking
at all the cars. ๐Ÿš— ๐Ÿš™ ๐Ÿš˜

Lots going on around town early this morning.

Enjoyed my town walk.
Walked 6 miles

☀️    ๐Ÿ™‚    ☀️

The only work I did today besides what I HAD to do,
was clean the shower and put up a new shower curtain liner.
Other than that it was pretty much a puzzle day.
Even supper was easy - frozen Digiorno Pizza.

Hope all is well with you.
Thanks for stopping by.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.
- Nathaniel Hawthorne -

15 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds a good day.
I enjoyed your photographs.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...it sounds like a lot is going on! Enjoy your weekend.

Rose said...

That is sure one big beautiful barn! It is nice to meet walking friends...I think that comes easier in a small town.

ellen b. said...

We haven't seen 50 degrees for a while. It wouldn't bode well with me if I had to pass a bakery every day. :) I wouldn't just pass it. Happy weekend to you!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sounds like you had a good and relaxing day.

Hill Top Post said...

I'll bet it would have made George happy if you had taken one of the doughnuts. I am a little envious of the friends you make. It seems most of the friends I meet are too shy to speak. Today, the Blue Heron lifted his wings and was gone before I could utter a word.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- I do not know where you get the energy from to post each day- I've only posted three times in a week and I'm tired and running out of things to say....I always enjoy your Postings Karen. Best Wishes. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It would be hard turning down a donut. I like the big old barn.
We had temps in the low 60's yesterday, very nice walking weather.
Take care, enjoy your weekend!

Hootin Anni said...

The ones you meet on your walks can talk! The ones I usually meet wouldn't offer me anything, before they gulp it down...fins and all!!

Love that barn.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Best wishes always, Happyone.

God bless.

Inger said...

What a wonderful post I felt like I was with you, being good friends going for a walk, seeing all the things you describe so well. And the quote at the end, one I've never read before and will write down so I can remember it.

Bill said...

Nice photos and a nice walk. Good quote!

Susie said...

The barn looks leaning at it's angle. Your walking paths are in good shape. Wow what a lane to that house. Be safe. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Jeanette said...

Looked like a nice morning for a walk! Busy little town, too!

Granny Marigold said...

So the old school is being transformed into an apartment building? Our very first home was an apartment that used to be a Bible school. It had 10' high ceilings and was so spacious. I never took any pictures of the outside or the inside of the place and I'm sorry about that. Of course in those days film was for 24 pictures and one was careful not to take too many pics. Nor like now.