Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Rainy Day

 The string of nice sunny morning walks ended today.
It was 54 degrees, rainy with a bit of a wind.
Nice that it was warm and still glad to be able to get out and walk.

On the way to town saw a deer and a rabbit.

Another random walk all over town.
A quiet walk, didn't see anyone and with school being closed
for Veterans Day less traffic than usual too.

A few pictures along the way.




Thanks to Rose and Anni for identifying the feathers from yesterday.
Northern Flicker
Thanks Rose for the link.

Walked 6 miles

๐ŸŒง   ๐Ÿ™‚    ๐ŸŒง

It has been a dreary rain day but enjoyed puttering about the house.
Finished reading another book.
I've passed up my goal of 50 books for this year. 
This was book number 64.

Finishing up another scarf that I've been knitting and hope
to get it done later tonight or tomorrow.

Did another A - Z Bible lesson this afternoon.
F - The Family
Will mail it back tomorrow and then wait for the 
G lesson to arrive in the mail.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Wednesday to you.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

If you want to thank a soldier,
be the kind of American worth fighting for.
- unknown -

Veterans in my family.
Grandfather
Father
4 Uncles
Step-Father
Father-in-law
Ken

15 comments:

Tom said...

...at 5 I woke up to rain, but it cleared and we had a wonderful day. that sweetgum leave sure has great color, ours get mostly yellow.

Rose said...

I, too, love that sweetgum leave...if they did not have those spiny balls that drop in the fall, I would have to have one. I so love them.

We had a shower of rain last night and that is all we got. Has been chilly here today. I would not have minded a few more warm days.

ellen b. said...

A grateful thank you to all your family members who served in the military. Good for you for surpassing your goal for reading books! Great quote!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That lone leaf is so pretty.

Vee said...

What a wonderful lot of veterans to honor, including Ken! That leaf is beautiful...red and yellow are such. a nice combination.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Please tell Ken thanks for his service. We have lots of veterans in our family too - one of my ancestors fought in the Revolutionary War and another in the Civil War. My Dad and all of his brothers served in WWII, as did my father-in-law. Now, my oldest daughter is an officer in the Navy - now stationed in Virginia. I am so grateful for all who serve! See you again soon.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Another lovely post, Happyone.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Well done on reaching 64 Books this year- you must be a very fast reader...all I've managed to read are the Blogs and other Sites on my Computer. Yes, we must remember our Veterans in all the Armed Services- without their service we would't be living in fairness and freedom. Best Wishes. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Karen,

The leaf is pretty, love the colors. It rained here all day yesterday and it is raining again this morning. My father and uncles served during the WWII and my brother was in the Navy and my nephew served in the Marines. I am thankful for our veterans and service people. Take care, enjoy your day!

Hootin Anni said...

Thank Ken & your menfolk for their service. Terrific scenes on your walk, number of books read, & maple leaf.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How neat that you got an ID for the feathers. They sure were pretty and different! Enjoy your day! We bundle up when it gets in the 50s! lol But when you walk it does keep you warm!

Bill said...

The leaf is beautiful, love its colour. Ours are mostly gone.

William Kendall said...

That leaf is quite colourful!

Retired Knitter said...

I love all types of weather - even dreary wet days.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a colourful leaf.
Well done on all of your reading.

All the best Jan