Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Plans Change

 This morning when I walked the temperature was 52 degrees,
calm, and sunny once the sun rose.

Took a picture of the pond when I first got to town.

Another random walk around town which included the industrial park.

Saw that another house in town has just been put up for sale.
This one right next to the bank.  This one is already empty too.
That's two in a week.

There is a house behind the house where we lived in town that has
been for sale for three years.
Today I noticed that the sign is down and people are in it.
The people who owned it, Gail and Mel moved away two years ago.
We used to see them at Brenda's eating pizza on Monday back then.
I bet they did a happy dance when the house was sold.

The house is on the left in the picture.


Saw these pretty bird feathers while walking around the ball park loop.
They are small, about 4 inches or so.
Maybe red winged black bird?

Saw a woman walking who I see every so often.

Another great walk in super nice weather.
Walked 6 miles

☀️    🙂    ☀️

Boy Tuesdays sure come around fast.
Once again food shopping day at Shop and Save.

Got some work done around the house.
Then knitted and read.

Took this picture out back of our house.
A blue sky sure is pretty but I like it even better with
some nice big white clouds in it.]


David and Liz were planning on coming up to the cabin this weekend.
Plans have changed.
Liz works in a dentist office where Covid has shown up.
Her test has come back 'abnormal' and has to have another test.
David has been tested too and his came back negative.

I ask those who pray to please pray for Liz that the test comes
back negative this time and both her and David stay healthy.
Thanks so much.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Tuesday to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Vee - The glass cleaner that I talked about wasn't called Hope but Perfect Glass. It did come in a black container and I got it at Lowes.






20 comments:

William Kendall said...

Just the right touch of mist.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your first photograph is amazing, so is your last.
Saying a prayer for Liz.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...I'm sorry to hear about your friends health concerns, in our area Covid cases were quite low and now they are spiking. People are getting lax, our DIL is a RN and they are very busy with cases. Stay safe.

ellen b. said...

Yes, I will pray for Liz and your son. Beautiful sky with those fluffy clouds!

Vee said...

Wonder where I got HOPE from? Obviously, I'm a nut. Yes, praying for Liz and your son. The puffy clouds do look special.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Prayers that everything will work out and that David and Liz can stay healthy and come for a visit soon. :-)

Rose said...

I will add Liz to my list...

I think the feathers are Northern Flicker...look here and scroll down and look.

I would never have guessed this on my own...seen it a few years ago on a blog and it surprised me so much it stuck with me.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love that pond photo and the blue sky with puffy clouds. Praying that Liz will be ok. This COVID is spreading all to fast.

Happy@Home said...

Those are very interesting bird feathers. Have never seen any like it. Oh yes, that sky is beautiful. Sorry to hear that David and Liz had a change in plans. I will include Liz in my prayers.

Granny Marigold said...

Those bird feathers are so different from any I've ever seen. I'm so glad Rose was able to identify them. We have Northern Flickers coming to our suet now that the weather is cold.
Beautiful fluffy white clouds and blue blue sky.

Hootin Anni said...

Well first i'm thinking these are woodpecker feathers (more specific red shafted flicker...northern flicker). Then, stunning pond image...so tranquil. And last but not least, I DO hope and PRAY the suspicious abnormality proves to be negative.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love the misty view and the last sky shot through the trees.
The feathers are pretty. Sending prayers for Liz and that the test is negative. Take care, enjoy your day!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Stay safe there Karen and Ken. Hope tings turn out well for Liz and David.

Pom Pom said...

Prayers for your loves.

Bill said...

I love the mist hanging over the pond, very nice.

John's Island said...

Always a pleasure to stop by your blog and read about your walks and see the photos you take. That first photo is like a dream. Wow. Very cool. I like the way the houses are spaced out in that second photo. Very nice neighborhood. And you are so right about that sky photo with the big white clouds ... very neat shot!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying as requested.

God bless.

o2bhiking said...

I've been away from blogging so it's good to see that you are doing well. I think that the feathers are northern flicker as well. It looks like a Cooper's hawk got him. I hope that Liz will be okay.

Hill Top Post said...

Your morning pictures are beautiful. I love the white puffy clouds almost as much as I do the pond...really both! I have been cleaning windows with my microfiber cloth. Thanks so much for the tip!

Retired Knitter said...

So far none of my friends or family has gotten Covid - but I suspect that until this is managed by a vaccine - we will all begin to know those who contracted the virus. Thinking of you and your family.