Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, November 12, 2020

Puzzles

 The rain stopped and this morning it was 40 degrees,
with just a slight breeze, and cloudy when I walked.

A quiet walk up and down the streets in town and
all the usual loops.
Saw the woman walking that I see every once in a while.
Every time I see her she is too far away to talk to.
One of these days we will get to meet.
For now we just wave from a distance.

Not that there is much traffic through town but there is less
now that schools are only on line again because of the spike
in Covid cases.

A few pictures from my walk.



Walked 6 miles

☁️    🙂    ☁️

Stayed in the 40's and it took a while but eventually the sun came out.

I went outside and picked up more deadfall and added
it to my natural fence.

Then sat out on the swing out front for a while.

Haven't quite finished the scarf yet that I'm knitting.
Always takes longer than I think.
Perhaps it will be finished this evening.

In the mail today came the three jigsaw puzzles and the 
blue yarn that I ordered last week.

We won't start one of the puzzles till we get the first
decent snow fall.
I know some of you have gotten snow a few times already,
but not us yet.  Which is surprising!!

That's all for today.
A happy Thursday to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Thank you Lord, for being patient with me.
For its so hard to see, when my eyes are on me.
- Keith Green -

16 comments:

Rose said...

I am almost to the point of starting a puzzle...and I shouldn't but it just is so appealing.

Tom said...

...every time I see those long rows of wrapped hay bales, I wish that I had been smart enough to invent them! Covid is spiking here too, our DIL is a RN and her unit is to capacity. Stay safe.

Vee said...

Oh I still miss Keith Green after all these years.

Didn't you get some snow a while ago? I may be lost. I don't always know what blog I'm in. When it does snow, you'll be prepared. I really like your hedgerow.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those puzzles look difficult. We got a nice layer of snow yesterday.

Granny Marigold said...

Very interesting-looking puzzles; also challenging. You'll have hours of fun.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Those look like fun puzzles and I love the color of the yard. I am hoping to do some more puzzles this winter as well. They can be enjoyable. I like to listen to podcasts while I try to figure out where the pieces fit. Glad you had a good day. Will look forward to seeing your finished scarf!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Glad to see your Blue Yarn has been delivered- I do like your three Jigsaw Puzzles - each very different- enjoy the Winter. Regards. KEV.

Hootin Anni said...

Our newest puzzle is 1500 pcs., and a challenge. Funny tho, you wait for snow/cold to work on them...we do them when the heat index keeps us indoors with the A.C. (our winters are decent, mild temps) Beautiful walk. Love the work you're doing on the natural fence line.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty views from your walk! I am not ready for snow, I would be happy if we did not have any snow this winter. The puzzle are cute pictures, I love the snowmen. Take care, have a happy Friday and a great weekend!

Happy@Home said...

Your new puzzles look like fun. Where did you order them from? I just ordered one with a Halloween Barn Dance theme that I will hold off doing until next year. The yarn colors are so pretty together.
Have a nice weekend.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Is that car on the wrong side of the road, or reversing towards you? (UK joke).

God bless.

Henny Penny said...

Your natural fence looks wonderful! That is such a good picture. My fence isn't nearly as pretty as yours. Yours looks like a real fence. :) I like the puzzles you picked out. Hope you have a nice weekend.

Bill said...

My grandmother loved doing puzzles, I don't have the patience for them. It seems endless when you open the box. :)

William Kendall said...

My uncle did a lot of puzzles.

Lowcarb team member said...

I'm sure you will enjoy doing those puzzles :)

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

That is some pretty yarn and those puzzles look great. We had more snow today that turned to rain this afternoon.