Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, November 13, 2020

A Mouse

 When I left for town this morning it was 39 degrees,
cloudy with a bit of a breeze.
Saw 3 deer and 2 rabbits on the way to town.

Walked all over town again and around the industrial park too.
No people around, none that I saw anyway.



There were a whole mess of geese in the fields and in the road
as I walked up to the cemetery.
Must have been at lease a hundred of them.
They were all quiet till they saw me coming up the hill.
I got this far from them and one made a loud honk.
That got the others going and they all took flew off making
quite a racket.

Walked 6 miles
Found a penny in the Dollar General parking lot.

☁️    🙂    💰 

While I was walking got a craving for pancakes so made them
for breakfast when I got home. 
Added some mini chocolate chips to them too.

The sun came out in the afternoon and we had a nice sunny
day, just like yesterday.
Stayed inside today and just did a bit of this and that around the house.

We have a mouse in the house.

I made the little wooden mouse years ago and though
it has been sitting there on top of the door I don't even see
it any more.


  That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Friday to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Vee - We've just two days where the snow was just a flurry and didn't last. The first snow for doing puzzles has to be a decent amount, at least a couple of inches that sticks.

Kim - Ordered the puzzles from Herrschners. There's LOTS to pick from!!  Here's the LINK.

19 comments:

Michelle said...

I like that mouse. Funny how we don't notice things around our homes, we get so used to them. That is a lot of Geese! Wow! We see a few around here, but never that many.

Rose said...

I hardly see any geese these days. At least here...I see them when at the girls' houses. Used to be it was so much fun to go out to the strip pits on fall evenings. Now they only come in the spring.

Tom said...

...with the harvested corn and soybean fields here the geese are having a feast. I'm not sure if my wife would like even that mouse in the house!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - that mouse is so cute. I love it! I am wondering where people who live in your area work. Is there a larger metropolitan area they commute to? Do you have a large retired population there? Looks like such a nice little town. Hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon. :-)

ellen b. said...

Now that is a mouse I could live with! That must have been something to see and hear the geese fly off!

Happy@Home said...

Now that is the type of mouse to have in a house. So cute and I'm sure brings a smile to all who see it.
Thank you so much for the link to the puzzles. I will enjoy checking it out.

Hill Top Post said...

I doubt the mouse you have in your house has done the damage, our mouse did. Our youngest grandson used to delight in going to the pond to see and hear the geese fly up from the water.

Granny Marigold said...

When I read the title of your post today I was sure you must have had a mouse invade your house! Lucky it's only a wooden one.

Hootin Anni said...

That mouse I could live with. You carved it? Amazing talent.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- I like the little Door Mouse that you made - very nice. Regards. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Our weather is colder now too. The geese seem to spook easily here too. They do not like being disturbed, lol. Love the cute mouse.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Bill said...

It's amazing what we don't see even though we pass it everyday. I'm always finding things that I missed. :)
Enjoy your day.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Another penny!

God bless.

Susie said...

What a cute little mouse. I like the fake ones best. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love that little mouse. I have an angel up on the corner of my door in the bedroom. I guess I should take a photo of it to share. Enjoy your day! We're off to hike in the woods today!

Pom Pom said...

Hi Karen1 That's a darling little mouse!

Vee said...

Oh. It must be snow that sticks. For me, it is more of cold that sticks. I have so many things in the house that I don't see any more. I have a wee house up on a door ledge. I just remembered that! ☺️

Debi said...

A nice walk today. Your mouse is very cute. I make chocolate chip pancakes for my grands, they love them.

Retired Knitter said...

That mouse is so darn cute. Love how it sits above the door.