Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, November 04, 2020

Leaves

No wind at all today and a sunny morning walk.
39 degrees

Walked all around town and the industrial park on the
Town Route I mapped out. 

Saw a woman walking her friendly dog and she stopped and
asked me how far I walked and said that she sees me walking most days.

The dentist office in town where we go is getting work done inside.
Saw a few work trucks out front.
Wonder what they're doing in there.

All the geese were still all at the town pond. 
Some stay around all winter.

A few pictures taken along my walk.




Walked 6 miles

☀️    ๐Ÿšถ‍♀️    ☀️

Great weather for laundry so got the sheets washed and hung
outside to dry.

Such a pretty day with the sun shining and just a little breeze,
so we went outside after lunch and got rid of the leaves around
the house.  Since we live in the woods we just get the leaves off
 the driveway and gravel all around the house.
I rake up all the ones I can and dump them in the woods.
Ken uses the leaf blower for the leaves I don't get and just blows
them in the woods.  
I've tried using a leaf blower and just blow the leaves all over the place.
I have no control with it and just end up laughing.
We didn't quite finish with all the leaves so maybe
we will finish up tomorrow.

It was warm and sunny.
The weather sure is changeable!!

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Wednesday to you.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Bettye - You're right, that was my car in the parking lot. Stay well my friend.

14 comments:

Tom said...

...we are enjoy a number of Indian Summers day, take care!

Lowcarb team member said...

What a beautiful blue sky in your first photograph.

All the best Jan

Debi said...

I really like the photo of the dead plants in the planter. We are going to have three or four days of 60 degree weather... that's unheard of around here this time of the year. We're going to enjoy it though!

Rose said...

We had another great day, too. I raked leaves...I can get going with the leave blower, and then manage to blow a few everywhere. I had to rake though cause some of the leaves had lain there and were wet under the others.

You got some great shots. I love the one with the old cars.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - Sounds like a nice day. Our weather here is still warm and Sunny but rain, snow and much colder temperatures will be moving in Saturday. I have a hard time with the leaf blower too - it's just too big and heavy and we rarely use it any more. See you again soon.

Granny Marigold said...

I can imagine how lovely those sheets smelled after drying out on the line. The sky is so blue and not a cloud in sight.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The weather has been great lately, warm and sunny! We live next to the forest and can not control all the leaves and acorns. We will till the leaves have all fallen, than move them. Take care, enjoy your day!

Hootin Anni said...

I'd be laughing with you. 'Cause I'd have no control of it either! Our weather has been perfect too (for us Texans). Pretty photos.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Such pretty photos. It is nice to meet people to say hello on a walk! You made me chuckle with your comment about leaf blowing. We have mesquite trees here.....all over the property. The last ice freeze has now made all of those tiny leaves fall and they are covering the grounds and also falling into the pond. Soon the trees will be bare and gray. Have a nice weekend coming up. stay safe

Vee said...

I'd not be surprised if everyone in town watches you as you pass by. ๐Ÿ˜ That's a good thing...

Oh, you do have old junkers meetings in the fields and forests.

We are in a week of temps in the 60s. Yay! I have some outside chores that need doing.

Melanie said...

We've been having some cool temps but lovely during the day. I'm hoping to get my knee in better shape so that I can walk more before it gets really cold. This Florida girl is still shivering here in TN whenever the temps get down to the mid to low 40s!

Bill said...

Looks like frost on those two vehicles in the field. brrr

William Kendall said...

Here today we've got an Indian summer.

ellen b. said...

We had a warm sunny and very windy day today. I'm smiling about the leaf blower. Dear is a lot better than me.