Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, November 23, 2020

Another Puzzle

 34 degrees this morning when I left the house to drive to town.
Nice to see some deer this morning - 6 of them.
It was cloudy and just a slight breeze.
That changed once I started walking.

Planned out a walking route all around town and stuck to it again.
A few minutes after I started walking down the main road
it started snowing.  Just a few flurries at first and then it came down
fast for a couple of miles.



It eventually stopped for a while and then the last mile it 
started up again. A wind kicked up too.
It was unexpected - glad it was snow though and not rain because
I would have gotten soaked.  At least the snow I could just brush off.

This barn is up behind the house where we lived in town.


Geese were out in the road again when I walked up to the cemetery.
They didn't fly off this time.  Just took their time walking
into the field.


Didn't see anyone else out walking but the town workers were out
along the main road putting up the town Christmas decorations.

Overshot the 6 mile aim just a bit and
walked 6.3 miles.

๐ŸŒจ    ๐Ÿ™‚    ☁️

Snow stopped soon after I got back home and by the afternoon
it was completely gone.

Home today like most days and kept busy around the house.

Took the snowman puzzle apart and put it away for another time.
Was going to wait until Friday to start another one because
wanted the table to be cleared for Thanksgiving.
But then I decided to do one of the small ones.
Just 300 pieces.
Ended up doing the whole puzzle.
It was an easy one and only took me 1 1/2 hours to complete.
Love the picture.  I could see myself living in that cottage.


Really will wait until after Thanksgiving to start the next one.
At least till we eat and the table is cleared.

That's all I've got for today.
Hope your day was a healthy and happy one.
Thanks for stopping by.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

Let my soul smile through my heart
and my heart smile through my eyes,
that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts.
- Paramahansa Yogananda -

Comment Replies:
Anni - The snowman puzzle was 1000 pieces.  We usually have a puzzle going all through the winter. We keep the puzzles set up on the table so it doesn't matter how long it takes to finish.

Rose - The snowman puzzle wasn't hard but not easy either - like Goldilocks it was just right. ๐Ÿ˜€

17 comments:

Tom said...

...after all the work to put a puzzle together, I'd hate to take it apart!

Rose said...

I love that photo of the barn...add a couple cardinals to it for a pop of red and it would make a wonderful Christmas card.

I could see myself living in that cottage, too. I love thatched roofs.

ellen b. said...

I wouldn't mind staying in that sweet cottage for a week or two. Glad you got snow instead of rain. I'm itching to put together a puzzle.

Hootin Anni said...

Love that photo of the geese! The light blanket of snow is pretty!! Thanks for the # of pieces answer.

Debi said...

We woke up to a snow covered yard but by 10:00 it was all gone. I'm not quite ready for it yet. That is a beautiful cottage, I think I could be happy there too!

NanaDiana said...

I really love puzzles-so does one of my daughters. I will start one after Thanksgiving, I think.
I was wondering how big your town is...you get a good walk and seem to have different routes you can take through the town. You are an inspiration. xo Diana

Ruth Hiebert said...

I always have to smile when I see the geese just taking their sweet time to cross a road. It’s like they think they own the place and the rest of us will be pleased to wait.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love your snowy pictures and your puzzle. Hope you and Ken have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Will your son and his girlfriend come and join you? Will be just Charly, Josh and I here for our Thanksgiving dinner. See you again soon.

Hill Top Post said...

Good thing you were out and about in the snow for those pictures needed taking. :~) All just wonderful!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It feels very cold where you are. No snow here ... yet.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Fabulous Snow Photos- your certainly fast with this Puzzle and yes, it'd be a nice place to live there next to the Pond. Regards. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love the photo of the barn and the geese. We had the wind and cold but no snow here. The puzzle is a pretty scene, I like the cottage.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Kerri Farley said...

oooh! This one is really gorgeous!

Bill said...

I love your last photo, it pretty. Looks really cold there.

William Kendall said...

The snow is quite pretty!

Granny Marigold said...

You choose such lovely puzzles. The latest one ( with the thatched cottage) has such charm.

Lowcarb team member said...

Pretty pictures of the snow, and the puzzle is lovely, what a nice scene that is.

All the best Jan