Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, November 14, 2020

Scarf

 No wind this morning and the temperature was 29 degrees.
Some early morning fog around but the sun was shining during most
of my walk.

Had a nice walk all around town, the industrial park and
all my usual loops.

Saw a runner out who I didn't know and the man that walks
his friendly dog around the ball park loop.
He commented on how chilly it was. 
By this time I had been walking awhile and was very warm.

Don't usually see deer right in town but this morning there
were 6 of them near the parking lot.
Not such a great picture but it was a bit dark out yet
The picture came out a lot lighter then is actually was.

The geese were all at the pond this morning.
This was near the beginning of my walk.

and this near the end of my walk.

Down by the farm pond.

Walked 6 miles
Found another penny.
This one at the side of the road at the edge of town.

☁️    ๐Ÿ™‚    ☀️    ๐Ÿ’ฐ

Finally finished the scarf I've been working on.

Ken took a picture of me modeling it.




Didn't make the scarf for anyone in particular.  Will just give it away to someone.







Another day keeping busy inside the house.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Saturday to you.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Anni - No, didn't carve the mouse, not that talented.  Traced a pattern onto wood and then cut it out with a scroll saw. Gave it a face and the tail is a piece of rawhide. 

16 comments:

Rose said...

I sure like the colors of that scarf..someone will love it. I like that shot just above the scarf...

Tom said...

...Down by the farm pond is gorgeous.

Sandi said...

I am always amazed deer come so close to people places.

LOVE the scarf!

Vee said...

I don't know, Karen. That color looks good on you!

ellen b. said...

Love the farm pond photo. That scarf is pretty, too. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

Hill Top Post said...

My favorite picture today is the one of Happy One wearing the new scarf. It seems so perfect for you! My second favorite is, of course, the farm pond picture. I love those ponies.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The pond pictures are really nice. Pretty scarf as well.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Pretty Scarf you have made- looks very warm for Winter. Sure was a great number of Geese on the Pond this morning- a splendid sight. Cheers. KEV.

Hootin Anni said...

Love that scarf...great colors. I just never picked up on that skill...crochet yes, but knitting is beyond me. Beautiful photos on your walk. But, 29°? Too cold for me.

I'd never thought of cutting the mouse with a saw/pattern. It is darling.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love the deer, geese, the view of the horses and the pond. The scarf is pretty! Take care, have a happy day and a great week ahead.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The deer is parked in the wrong place.

God bless.

Lisa said...

That’s a lovely scarf. I wish I could wear scarfs but I have a small shorter neck so when I where one, I look like a scared turtle.
Lisa

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. That is a beautiful scarf. Looks so cozy and warm. It is scarf weather here in Utah as well. I have seen deer in town around here in the past. Not lately. You always have an interesting walk. We are doing church online today. Too many cases of the virus around here. Have a good Sunday.

Bill said...

Nice photos, I love the peaceful view of the pond.
The scarf is beautiful, nice colours.

Debi said...

The scarf is very pretty. I made the same pattern for my granddaughter and she loves it. Sure are a lot of geese at that little pond. Do you get snow geese there? I love seeing them, I enjoy your pond photos.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely photographs.
I like the scarf, the colours are nice together.

All the best Jan