Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, October 29, 2020

Singing in the rain...

 54 degrees this morning for walking and no wind,
but rain, rain, and more rain.

When I leave in the morning Ken is still in bed but I always tell
him when I go.  This morning he said,
"You're going walking in this!?"
I told him yes, it's just a little water.

I not only wore my rain gear but took the umbrella as well.
My umbrella got saturated and started leaking.
Stepped in a few puddles and got wet feet and when the
trucks drove by I got splashed.
In spite of all that it was a fun walk.
I actually started singing the song
Singing in the rain.

Walked all over town and around the cemeteries.
Walked down to see the bulls and they didn't seem to be
bothered by the rain either.

As expected I was the only Crazy Person out walking.
Walked 5.5 miles

🌧    🍁🍂    🌧

Rained the whole day so we spent a cozy day inside.

Laundry and a little cleaning got done in the morning.
Ken made us nachos for lunch.

After lunch I did some coloring.
Left picture with colored pencils.
Right picture crayons.


Finished all 70 weave-it squares for the baby blanket for November.
Now just have to sew them together.

Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm is another one of those books
that I never got around to reading as a kid.
I borrowed it from the library today on my Kindle.
Will start reading it later.

That's going to be it for today.
A happy Thursday to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Someone struggled for your right to vote. Use it.
- unknown -

16 comments:

Jeanette said...

Sounds like a great walk in spite of the rain!

Rose said...

I used to love to pick apples in the rain...it was just a different world.

I always wonder just how much animals notice the weather.

ellen b. said...

Haha! Love that you were "Singing in the Rain". That's a real soaking when the rain comes through the umbrella!

Hootin Anni said...

We had nachos too!! But no rain for us, just chilly morning with high winds.

Love your coloring. I have some adult coloring books, but haven't worked on them for months. Great morning rain picture too.

Tom said...

...well, I was humming in the rain today! It was so dry this summer that the ground is soaking it up nicely.

susan q said...

I voted in the memory of the suffragettes who fought for women to get the right to vote. I opted to sew masks for my grandsons foregoing my usual 4 mile daily walk. An all day soaking rain from Hurricane Zeta.

Ruth Hiebert said...

You are a brave soul to be walking in all kinds of weather.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Your gamer than I am walking in the Rain- I must admit I do like clear skies. Have a great weekend there Karen and Ken. Regards. KEV.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Amen to your quote about voting! Glad you had a good walk even though it was raining.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Not more rain ...

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

You are brave, walking in the rain. It was a dreary day.
Nachos for lunch sounds yummy. Yes, everyone should get out and vote.
Take care, enjoy your weekend!

Bill said...

Rain can be refreshing sometimes when out walking. With the rain gear on, the worries are washed away. How big is your baby blanket going to be. My wife is making squares and is inerested.
Thanks and have a wonderful day. BTW, we had a sunny day today for a change. :)

Debi said...

You sure did finish the squares for the blanket in record time. Coloring is a great way to while away a rainy day. Happy weekend!

William Kendall said...

Quite damp!

Lowcarb team member said...

We had a lot of rain again today (Friday) I stayed in and got some housework done :)

Your colouring is so colourful, I like it.

All the best Jan

Gretchen Joanna said...

I think it is very funny, the way you say that you "spent a cozy day inside" -- AFTER walking five and a half miles!! You live on a higher plane...

...and it might even lift me up a little higher, merely reading about your exploits. Thank you for the stellar example.