Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, October 19, 2020

Load of scrap metal

 Back up to 50 degrees this morning when I left on my walk.
No wind and it was cloudy.
Didn't see the usual deer on the drive to town but did see
one of the bear cubs again in the middle of the road.
Had to stop and then it ran into the woods.

Walked all over town, up and down the main road and side streets.
Went around both cemeteries and the ball park loops twice.

Saw the Heron flying by as I walked up to the cemetery.
Actually I heard it before I saw it.
It only comes around on rare occasions.

Took a picture of it but it was just too far away and it is just a dot
in this picture. It's on the right about half way up.


 Lena and Pam were out walking this morning too.

Half of my walk is now in the dark.
At least in a couple of weeks when we change the clocks back
to normal it will be lighter again in the morning. 
At least for a little while.

Walked 6.2 miles

Sunrise 7:32 Sunset 6:31

☁️    ๐Ÿ™‚    ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚

After breakfast we took the truck loaded with all the scrap
metal to the recycling place.
Mostly we are glad to just get rid of the stuff and getting
the $32 for it was a little bonus.


Stopped at the library to pick up a book that Ken had on hold
after lunch.

Didn't get any work done today but there is always tomorrow.

A happy Monday to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

16 comments:

Tom said...

...a beautiful start to your day. I remember when there are BIG money in scrap, that's not the cse today!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Yes when we change the clocks it will be brighter in the morning but get dark sooner in the evening.

Debi said...

Are you worried about running into mama bear? I would be! It will be nice for your walks when the time changes, but I hate the earlier evening dark.

Rose said...

I saw the bird...when I expanded the view....the heron. I really like the expanded view of that photo.

CHERI said...

I just love your little bicycle sign:) And I do so envy you your 50 degree weather:) We are still in the 80s but I am thankful we aren't still in the high 90s (or worse). Your walks always seem so peaceful. I walk in my neighborhood each morning but I think your walk is much more beautiful. But I enjoy the early a.m. and my quiet time:) Enjoy your walk tomorrow!

Granny Marigold said...

I think we walked in very similar weather today. I thought it might actually rain but it didn't ( until around lunchtime).

Isn't it great to be able to clean up unwanted junk and get paid for it!!!

KEV. Robertson. said...

That is a good price for the Scrap Metal Karen- about 25 years ago I worked with Aluminium to build about 32 Doors a week- I did this for 8 years - now and then we'd call in the Scrap Metal Merchant - 44 Gallon Drums full of Aluminium is worth a real lot. Regards. KEV.

Tina said...

I will probably be jealous every single time I read about your beautiful walks and see your gorgeous pictures. Thank you for sharing.

Henny Penny said...

Don't you walk that same road to town where you saw the bear cub? You see the neatest things. I see the tiny dot that is the Heron. The picture is beautiful, even if the Heron is a tiny dot. $32 is good, especially for something you wanted to get rid of.

Happy@Home said...

I'm sure it feels good to have the scrap metal dealt with and a little cash is a nice bonus. Pretty picture today. I was able to find the heron after enlarging.

Bill said...

That's a beautiful looking sky.

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a very nice looking sky and I like the bicycle sign.

All the best Jan

Vee said...

Lots of scrap metal in my garbage pile. The men discussed setting it aside and then decided it wasn't worth the trip. I have no idea...just found the discussion interesting. Yes, you'll enjoy walking in the light again, but as you know, it won't last long. The balance of dark and light is a precarious thing.

William Kendall said...

A beautiful sky.

Susie said...

Hooray, 32 dollars for stuff you did not want. That is good. I liked your sunrise picture. Be safe out there. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

ellen b. said...

The bonus could cover the gas! Beautiful photo of the corn and sky!