Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, October 08, 2020

Thursday

😃 
42 degrees this morning when I drove to town.
Once the sun rose it was sunny and no wind.

Walked all over town and around both cemeteries.

Went down to see the bulls just past the Drane house
but they weren't there today.
Some work has been done by their barn,
a fence was replaced and concrete has been added.
I guess it is for when they load the bulls into the cattle car it isn't so muddy.
There is concrete by the scratching post too.
Also gravel as been spread around outside the fence so I don't have
to walk in the mud either. 

Lena and Pam were out walking as well as Rebecca.
A man who I haven't see before was out walking too.

It has been nice waving to school bus driver 46 again
now that the kids are back going to school.
We have been waving for quite a few years now.
I often think of you Ruth when I see the buses.
Do you miss driving your bus?

Didn't see any animals at all today which is a bit unusual.

So pretty walking around seeing all the beautiful fall colors.

Walked 6 miles

🌤    🙂    🌤

We went out to do a few errands on this beautiful sunny day.
We drove to the dump with our garbage and once we got there
realized it was Thursday and it is closed Thursdays.
So the garbage just ended up going for a ride in the back of the truck.

The chain saw was ready to be picked up after having it
serviced so we did that.

Also stopped in at the library.

The main reason we went out was to drop off our absentee ballots
in the drop off box.  So now I'm happy to say we have voted.

While we were out, drove through the drive-thru at Burger King. 
Enjoyed our spicy chicken sandwiches.

Had a nice afternoon around the house.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Thursday to you.
happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Inger - I have been saving the coins I find for quite a few years now.  I put them in old glass banks. 

Vee - I imagine someone just dumped their change out.  It happens.  You're right, I have found more coins in the other places we've lived than here.  

Rose - Haven't figured out the average per day since I started collecting the coins I find, but a penny per day just might do it.

Unknown - Thanks for reading and leaving a comment. 

15 comments:

Tom said...

...well a good morning to you. The sunrise with the geese in flight is a beauty. We got our ballots in the mail today.

Rose said...

So if someone asked you what you did today, you can say you took your garbage for drive...LOL That so sounds like things I have done. There was a kid that was the same age as our girls that lived in our neighborhood. If she got pennies, she just threw them in the air. Every time I find one, I wonder if she was there?

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I haven't found any money in a long time! You're RICH! heehee! Love your photos today too! Nice to see a few people out and about. I wish more people got out for a walk here. Lots of retired people here...but they stay in their houses. I couldn't do that...you couldn't either! Hugs!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I’m sure that bus driver appreciates the waves, I know I always did. No, I can’t say I miss that at all. The time had come to step down and it still feels right.

Granny Marigold said...

Another lovely day to walk. Odd that you didn't see any animals today...not tame nor wild ones.
We stopped at the local library last Sunday only to find that they now are closed on Sundays. So we had taken our books and DVD on a ride.
( The outside drop off was Out of Order or I could have at least left the items that were due.)

Debi said...

It is an odd day when you don't see any animals on your walk! Our library is still closed :-( We are able to borrow books online but it just isn't the same.

Vee said...

Sounds as if everyone in town is out walking in the beautiful autumn weather. Too soon hunting season comes and puts the kibosh to that. It blew a gale here today. The light changed amazingly from yesterday to today. I can see ever so much farther into the woods.

The improvements at the farm sound beneficial for all.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - Good for you for voting early and dropping off your ballots. In Utah, our ballots won't come for another week or so. We are getting anxious for them to come. We plan to do what you guys did and drop ours off at the voting drop box at the election clerk's office. Not taking any chances at all this election! Have a good Friday!

Hootin Anni said...

I've often wondered the same as you when I see school buses. Pretty sky images.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Come on ... catch up ... you're always flying miles behind the rest.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Yet another busy day for you and Ken. Still Spring here - warm days and cold nights- certainly looking forward to the Summer months. Best Wishes. KEV.

Bill said...

What a gorgeous sunrise with the birds flying. A pretty scene to begin your day.

William Kendall said...

Your second shot is my favourite.

susan q said...

Enjoy the red barn and trees looking like fall. Liked Lisa's scarf you knitted. Glad to hear you voted. I will be dropping mine off next week. Have a great Friday and be safe.

ellen b. said...

Our dump is closed on Sunday and Monday. I'm glad you can wave at the school bus driver again.