Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, October 09, 2020

Another beautiful day

A beautiful sky greets me as I start my morning walk.


 39 degrees, no wind and once the sun came up I got to walk in the sun.
Sure feels nice to have the sun on my face.

Once again I drove to town and then walked all over the place
on one of those random walks.

Walking in the lower cemetery.

Walking around the ball park loop.

Went on down by the barn to see if the bulls were back.
A bunch of them there today and they sure were noisy.
They all quieted down to take a look at me when I got there.

Since yesterday hay was put down over the concrete.

People from the church in town were getting a yard sale set up
when I first got to town.
Knew a of couple of the people helping and stopped to say hi.
Also saw another yard sale getting set up a little while later.

The apartment building in town that used to be a school was
getting a new metal roof put on.

No people out walking this morning that I saw.

I walked 6.3 miles

๐Ÿ™‚    ☀️

Took the garbage for another ride this morning but this time
we left it at the dump.

Next stop was Grantsville at Wallgreens.
On the way home we stopped in at the Ford dealer to look at a red truck
that Ken was looking at on line this morning when I was walking.
The one he liked was just sold but they have another coming in soon.
I have a feeling that we will be trading our truck in for
this one before too long.

Walked around outside for a bit this afternoon just because
it was so nice out.

No ice cream snack this evening - I made chocolate pudding and
we'll have that with a substantial dollop of Redi Whip on it.
My step-dad used to say 'a substantial dollop' all the time. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Friday to you.
happyone ❤️

Be happy, and a reason will come along.
- Robert Brault -

15 comments:

Tom said...

...your day looked fabulous right from the start. We enjoyed a beautiful day also. I had peach Jello for dessert with a substantial dollop of Redi Whip!!!

Debi said...

Great photos of your walk today, but that sunrise, oh my! Absolutely gorgeous! Have a great weekend!

Ruth Hiebert said...

With a morning sky like that, the day has to be wonderful .

ellen b. said...

A substantial dollop of whipped cream sounds good to me. Love how those cows are looking at you! Nice photos.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - Wow, that is such a beautiful, beautiful sunrise. Lovely fall leaves too. Sounds like you and Ken will be doing some truck shopping. Hope it goes well. Your advice, when we were car shopping, really helped us out. Have a good weekend.

Hootin Anni said...

Awwww, love the cattle photo. And they say cats are curious...well, so too are cows. And that sunrise? Wow. The pudding sounds good. Instead of dollop, I say gobs.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful colour of the trees where you are.

God bless.

Sandi said...

'a substantial dollop'

I like that!

And this:

Be happy, and a reason will come along.
- Robert Brault -

eileeninmd said...

Gorgeous sunrise and photo. The fall colors are lovely there. I love the view of the cows, they are so cute. Pudding sounds good.
Take care, enjoy your weekend!

Rose said...

What a beautiful way to start the day..but you can say that most morns. All the color just makes this extra special.

Bill said...

A great start to another beautiful day. The trees are looking fabulous with their colours.

Connie said...

Your walks are wonderful and I enjoy seeing the fall color.
God bless you sweet friend.
Connie :)

Jeanette said...

I admit that whenever I have Reddi whip I can't help but squirt a substantial dollop directly into my mouth!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Be happy...I like that quote! Beautiful photos of the colors in the trees. I'm ready for a new vehicle but I haven't decided what I need. Enjoy your afternoon!

Granny Marigold said...

I like all the red in today's post....red skies.\, red leaves, and red barn. Red is one of my favourite colours for winter. Red and Black.