Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, October 30, 2020

OnLine Shopping

It was still rainy and 38 degrees when I woke up this morning.
With the cooler temperature and my rain slicker not big
enough for layers underneath I didn't go walking in the rain.
So went down in the basement first thing and walked some loops
around Ken's train layout.

I made blueberry muffins for our breakfast.
After that the rain let up so I decided to go for my town walk then.
 I was able to wear a few layers and keep warm.
There was a light mist at times but not enough to get me wet.
Walked my usual loops around town and up and down a few
side streets.

Went down to say hi to the bulls.
Poor things, with all the rain they were in mucky mud
some of them muddy up to their knees.

A new little horse has come to the farm.
Noticed her mane is plaited.
She did sniff my hand but then went back to eating and
couldn't get a picture of her looking at me.

The last of the corn has been cut down and now there is a good
view of the farm from the cemetery.


The white mushroom is as smooth as it looks in the picture 
like a big marshmallow.


No one else out walking again.
Walked 1 mile in the basement and 5 miles in town.

☁️    🎃    ☁️ 

Did a little shopping on line today.
L.L. Bean - 4 turtleneck tee shirts and a winter coat. (Not for walking)

Herrschner's Craft Store - 33 hanks of Simply Soft Carron yarn for baby afghans. That should last me a while!!
I haven't been able to find it in our Walmart any more and we
haven't been to LaVale since March so don't know if they have it anymore.
Ordering on line I got to choose LOTS of different colors.
Can't wait to get the yarn and line up all the colors.🙂

Also bought a rubber mat for the kitchen sink.
That's something else I haven't been able to find anywhere.

More rain this afternoon. 

Made lasagna for supper.
Don't have a recipe. We don't like meat in ours so I just layer
noodles, sauce, mozzarella, Parmesan, and ricotta cheese.
There is enough left over for supper tomorrow.
Don't usually like to eat the same thing two days in a row
but we make an exception for lasagna!

That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Friday to you.

👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

In the happiest of our childhood memories,
our parents were happy, too.
- Robert Brault -

Comment Replies:
Bill - The baby blankets I make are for infants and are 26 x 37.  Made out of 4 inch weave-it squares.  70 squares, 7 x 10.  A picture of one is HERE.

21 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Wonderful colour in your photographs here.
Lasagna for supper sounds good :)

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...a cold, dry day here with a bit of sun in the afternoon. That's a nice shot of the barn. That yellow mushroom is something new for me.

ellen b. said...

Those cornstalks can really block a view. Glad you were able to make it out later in the morning. Online shopping has become more necessary in these times. Happy weekend to you.

Rose said...

When you get you yarn you will have to show the colors you chose. Glad you were able to get most of our walk in outdoors.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We made lasagna a few days ago and froze some portions for another day. It is SO good leftover! Love your photos. The mushrooms are very neat! Enjoy your evening! Hugs!

Granny Marigold said...

I'm glad you could find all the different things you wanted and you didn't even have to go out shopping!
It's been a long time since I made lasagna. Maybe I'll do so soon.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It seems that online shopping is becoming more and more popular. Personally, I have not done much, but have made a few purchases. I have been happy with what I got.

Vee said...

Leftover lasagna is the best. Does all that walking mean a ten-mile day? 😉

Getting back to your favorite time soon!

Betty said...

We have been having a lot of rain in the past couple of days. I know we need it, but it can be depressing. Spent most of the day sewing.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - I have always loved LL Bean clothing, but don't have any of it right now. What I have had in the past was great. It's kind of fun to order things online and exciting when the package arrives. Lasagna sounds so good - even two days in a row. Hope you have a good weekend.

Ruta M. said...

That yellow mushroom is stunning. Shopping on-line can be fun especially if you know the brand and sizes but my clothing collection should be enough for years. It's raining here too, funny how we're on different continents but so often have the same weather. Not expecting snow here by the sea though it has happened but very rarely.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Torrential Rain here and cold ( a bit un-Seasonal for Spring) - they say were in for a wet Summer - I hope not! Glad your Shopping On Line...I often buy things from e-Bay and Stores Overseas that I cannot obtain locally. Have a great Sunday there. Best Wishes. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the bulls and horses, pretty view of the barn and farm. I love lasagna, I have some frozen for next week's dinner. Online shopping is so easy, I like having the Amazon Prime with the free shipping. Take care, enjoy your weekend!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful healthy animals in your photos.

God bless.

Lisa said...

Shopping on line can be fun. I just get anxious and worried they will not get delivered. I remember ordering my daughters college books on line. It was an expensive purchase. Mail tracking showed they were delivered but never were. I argued and argued with the post office until I had to leave, They basically said I was lying. They said someone must have stollen them from our porch. We were home all day the day it said it was delivered so we know they never were put on our porch. This has made me skittish to order big quantities on line but I'm getting better at it. I have ordered several Christmas gifts since then.
The weather is cooling down here and our walks will soon be on the treadmill or loops inside the house.
Have a great weekend.
Lisa

Hill Top Post said...

It looks frosty there in the pictures. We had our first frost a couple of nights ago. We have had a fire in the stove for the past three days. I love those ponies. If I were a pony I would want my hair braided just like the one in the picture!

Bill said...

The horse and bulls are very nice. I love the view of the farm. Lasagna sounds great, we are going to try making it in the slow cooker next weekend. Have a wonderful day and weekend.
BTW, thanks for the info.

Jeanette said...

Love online shopping! You can find just about anything you need! We don't like to eat the same thing two days in a row either. Any pasta dish always seems to taste better the next day though!

Connie said...

You seem to get so much into each and everyday . . . no moss growing under your feet sweet friend. I always enjoy our photos . . . happy to hear that you waited until the rain had stopped before heading out on your walk. Snow can be brushed off, but rain soaks in and can chill you right down to the bones.
Wishing you a lovely weekend . . . God bless you,
Connie :)

Nellie said...

Lots of rain here, too, though we’ve had sunshine part of yesterday and all of today. Online shopping! Quite addictive! Sounds like you ordered well!