Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, October 24, 2020

A Rainy Walk

 Even warmer this morning with a 57 degree temperature.
Temperature dropping though, when I got home it was 50 degrees
and then in the afternoon it was in the 40's.
A rainy morning walk with just a breeze to start off with
but got windy by the time I got home.

A random walk all over town on one of my usual town walks.
Walking down the main street.

I've seen this cat looking out the window for quite a few days 
now as I walk past so snapped a picture.
The lighted window in the upper left corner of the above
picture is the same window.

A very quiet morning walk around town.
Didn't see anyone at all out.

Glad to be wearing my rain pants and yellow slicker because
it rained during my entire walk.


Walked 6.1 miles

🍁    🌧    🍂

In the morning we went to the Dollar General to do a little shopping
to use that $5 coupon we get to use on Saturday's.
While there I came across these cute pot holders.
I've started a pot holder collection and put them on the
kitchen walls near the ceiling.

It's been a dreary rainy day and turned foggy in the afternoon
but kept busy doing this and that around the house.
A few chores
Reading
Hanging up the potholders
Making weave-it squares
Going through old recipes

A happy Saturday to you.
Thanks for visiting.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Rain utters poetry in drops, splats, and puddles.
- Terri Guillemets -

17 comments:

Vee said...

It tried to rain all day... You do know that a kitty in the window is an automatic win so that's a good thing. Is it a real cat or a Halloween decoration? Very realistic if so. 🙂 Cute potholders...will we have a chance to see them in the new kitchen decor?

Tom said...

...that yellow slicker is just what you need to stay dry and safe. I hope that you are enjoying your weekend.

Rose said...

I bet you did really appreciate having the rain gear...without it you would have gotten cold in those temps plus rain.

Love those pot holders.

Kathie said...

Your slicker is so cheerful and such a great idea to collect pot holders. Will you use them or just admire them? Have a good night!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those are cute potholders. I have never heard of a potholder collection, but that should be fun.

Nellie said...

A great idea! A potholder collection! Our rain came during the night....over an inch, according to the rain gauge....but our temps have stayed seasonal. I love that cat looking out at you!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Rain here today - the temperature has gone back to Winter at 15 Deg.C. Hoping for some sunny weather so I can do some weeding in the rockery-garden. Have a great week there. Regards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's been raining for days here too.

God bless.

Tina said...

It’s still hot here in South Georgia. It’s making harvesting pecans a miserable job. We did get to grill on the fire pit this evening. It looks like you still have some color there. I hope your rain doesn’t take it all. That may be a witchy cat in the window since Halloween is approaching or Tom Kitten or Tabitha Twitchet , Lol. Have a good weekend.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It is nice you like walking in the rain. I like the cat at the window. The pot holders are so cute. Take care, enjoy your day. Have a great new week!

ellen b. said...

That's a fun idea for a potholder collection. Fun to see that cat in the window. Our snow is still on the ground but we expect it will be melting snow and we have a 10 day forecast without precipitation so hopefully we'll be back to Fallish weather instead of winter!!

Bill said...

It's all rain and some thunder today here. I like the cat in the window shot, great capture.

Jeanette said...

Oh that kitty in the window is so cute! Looks like he's enjoying his view from up above! Nice potholders and a good collection to display in your kitchen!

Hootin Anni said...

Sweet image of kitty in the window!

Hill Top Post said...

I also love the kitty in the window picture. My potholders are getting rather thin and ragged, so this is a good reminder to put them on my shopping list. I look forward to seeing a picture of yours. I am going to have to get my mind right about walking in cold, rainy weather, for I just about had to make myself get out yesterday morning when it felt so damp and cold. It was the first day for my winter coat.

Aritha said...

The small cat, so funny.
I love to walk through the forest when it is raining.
But when the son is shining again and I see the beautiful autumn colors my hart is singing: Hoe groot zijt Gij (how great thou art)

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes, we too had rain.
I do like the pot holders, they are colourful.

All the best Jan