Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, September 12, 2020

Saturday

 This morning it was 58 degrees, cloudy, and windy when I left on my walk.
Walked to town, through town, around the ball park loop, back through
town and home again.

Most of the trees are still green but the leaves are starting
changing on some of them.

On the way home walking down the main road I caught up to
Lena, her husband Jim and their dog Molly walking and we all walked
a short way together.  They live right on the main road just
before I turn off and for my street.

A couple of deer and rabbits about and saw a whole
bunch of Goldfinches out again in the same spot.

Walked 5.4 miles

☁️     🙂     ☁️

Went to the dump in the morning to get rid of our weekly trash.

I did some things around the house this morning while Ken took some left over
Trex from the deck we built out back up to the cabin.
He cut the Trex boards to the right size for a the walkway
that goes to the outhouse from the cabin.
After lunch he nailed the boards in place.

I stayed home again this afternoon and
read, and did more stitch work.
Had a day off from construction work. 🙂

Didn't see the sun today and it didn't make it out of the 60's.
Fog rolled in around supper time.

That's about it today.
Hope your Saturday was a happy one.
Thanks for visiting.
happyone ❤️

 

If today you can't be anything else to anybody,
you can be the passing stranger who nodded hello.
- Robert Brault

20 comments:

Tom said...

...here red is popping up here and there too!

Susie said...

Your temperatures are sounding like fall for sure. The picture of the tree is pretty. The farmer is combining his soybeans on the corner. He was the first to get his planted around here. Now that seems like fall . Blessings, stay safe, xoxo, Susie

NanaDiana said...

Bits of color are popping up here, too. Always enjoy walking with you! Happy weekend- xo Diana

Rose said...

Your post reminded me I wanted to tell a friend about a tree I passed yesterday...it was fairly big maple and the entire east side was a red-orange color. It is the first tree that I have seen more than splotches.

Now, when someone asks you what you do, you can tell them you are a construction worker.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I always enjoy reading about your daily adventures. Today I especially liked the quote at the end. Be the passing stranger who nodded hello. Now it doesn’t get much easier than that to show a little kindness.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love your picture of the fall leaves starting to turn. They are turning here too. I love fall. Nice cool fall temperatures too. Ken is so handy. He is always doing something to make your place so wonderful and homey! I love it. Hope you have a good Sunday. We are off to church in person tomorrow for the first time since mid-March. See you again soon!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Good to see the Autumn colors coming through on the Trees. Best Wishes. KEV.

Hootin Anni said...

...I'm nodding hello to you this morning. Such a beautiful tree!! Your temperatures always sound delightful during your walks! (rain or shine)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Happy weekend. Time to relax.

God bless.

Lisa said...

I havn’t seen any leaves turning around here yet but the trees are starting to look wilted. We are still in the 80’s here. It’s cooling down.
Lisa

eileeninmd said...

We are seeing colors and leaves falling already. The red tree is pretty. Sounds like you saw some nice wildlife sightings during your walk. We have sunshine today, YAY! Enjoy your day! Wishing you a very happy new week ahead!

Bill said...

Most of our trees don't have time to turn, the wind blows the leaves off the trees.

Granny Marigold said...

A boardwalk from your cabin to the outhouse is a great idea.

Debi said...

I love the beauty of autumn but it's a little bittersweet because it means the end of summer which I love too.

Vee said...

That's some beautiful color so early in September. I am seeing quite a bit of color here and there. Usually, things don't really get going until the 27th of the month. It's been so dry...perhaps that's it.

Hope that you enjoyed a pleasant weekend.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I thought you said gold fishes !!!

God bless.

Inger said...

You are really keeping a wonderful journal of your daily life. I kept journals for years, handwritten ones. I've now tossed all of them, except one. Too difficult to read my handwriting and no desire to look back at everything. Your blog is so much better.

ellen b. said...

That walkway is going to be a huge blessing. Nice way to use up some good leftovers! I'm way behind after a busy weekend.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, NO signs of Autumn at all here yet.. In fact, we are still having summer heat and humidity.... I'm SO ready for some cooler weather.

In these days of so much hatred going on in our country, I stay calm (or try to) by walking --whether it is here in the neighborhood, or a hike in the woods...

Glad you continue to walk each day.... Hope you don't EVER have to give it up... George and I used to walk 2 miles every morning.... NOW--neither of us can do it up and down these hills, like we used to. BUT--we still stay as active as we can at age 78...

Hugs,
Betsy

William Kendall said...

Here some of the red maples already are turning.