Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, September 11, 2020

Long Walk

 This morning it was 62 degrees, cloudy, with a little breeze when
I left at 6:45 this morning walking to town.

Didn't see any deer this morning, just 2 rabbits, and now instead of
hearing birds chirping I hear crickets.

A good walk all around town, around all the usual loops and roads
and then over to the industrial park and around there too.

The lumber yard in town has a yard sale every year where you can get
terrific deals. It started at 8:00 so Ken was there first thing.
Planned to meet him there after walking for a ride home.

When I got there he was loading up with truck with some great finds
for the outhouse - siding, roofing, and even a toilet

He still had to buy some lumber so I said I'd start walking home
and he could pick me up on his way home.

Got a nice long walk in today,
7.2 miles

☁️     ๐Ÿ™‚     ☁️

I had to stay home this morning and get some house work done,
but after lunch drove us up to the cabin to work in the ATV.
I'm getting pretty good driving that thing now. ๐Ÿ˜

I mostly was the gofer for Ken and in between helping I
cleared more brush out from the front of the cabin.
We just worked for a couple of hours again.

Sat out on the porch again outlining the counted cross stitch.

Supper was easy tonight but mighty good.
The chicken comes in the bag already cooked.
Just heat the chicken up in the oven.
Also included is a bag of sauce - in this case sweet and sour.
That goes in a bowl of hot water to heat up.
Make some rice and there is supper.
I love this stuff!!

Ended up having a nice cool sunny day.
Glad I decided to do some laundry because it was a great drying clothes day.

Hope you Friday has been a super duper one.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone ❤️

Kindness is the most tender and effective form
of leaving a memory inside people's hearts.
- Dodinsky

Comment Replies:
Deb - My son had a pet snake too (boa) when he was a kid and that's how I too got used to snakes. ๐Ÿ™‚

Eileen - I like the spicy chicken at Wendy's too but like the BK ones better - like that it is on a potato bun.

15 comments:

Rose said...

I need to take a picture of your picture to help me remember and look for the sweet and sour chicken for Roger...I bet he would like it. And it would be something for a change. Love that Goldenrod....for some reason I have a hard time getting a pic of it that I like.

Lowcarb team member said...

Love that first photograph, full of Autumn colours.
It sounds as if you've had a wonderful day.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...I was in Amish country today and the field of goldenrod where gorgeous and few purple asters are adding a bit of contrast. Take care and enjoy a wonderful weekend.

Susie said...

I like the idea of a quick good supper. Wow, you guys work all the time. Gofer...cracked me up. I call it grunt work. LOL Blessings to you both, enjoy some good times this weekend, xoxo, Susie

ellen b. said...

That was a longer walk than usual. Glad you found some good bargains at the yard...even a toilet! Hope you have a good weekend.

CHERI said...

I can't even imagine walking 7 miles!!! I do try to get in my 10,000 steps everyday and my a.m. walk helps with that. I am going to look for that chicken in my supermarket...but I doubt we have it. It really looks good and I am forever looking for easy things to fix for supper!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen, Interesting that you are a "snake mom" too. ;-) We had some of that kind of chicken except the flavor we had was orange chicken. Yes, it is good and easy. I hope you have a great weekend, and thanks again for the shoes. I am so excited to have them!!

Vee said...

7.2 miles is quite a workout. That chicken looks good. You find it in the frozen food aisle I presume...a place I need to frequent more often.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- It has been a busy Friday for you. It has been a warm Spring day here. My big News is that we're thinking of moving into a smaller home- don't know how far away that will occur -all I can think about is getting prepared to move. Alas that is the end of building a model railroad layout. Have a great Weekend. Regards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

They need to make the instructions on those ready meals clearer. It said on the packet of quick cook rice, "Take one sachet from packet and stand in boiling water for 5 minutes". I did just that and burnt my feet.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

that chicken dinner looks scrumptious. 7+ miles is a GOOD distance.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am hearing crickets too, inside our house. Love the photo, pretty yellows. The chicken meal sounds delicious, I will look and see if a store near us sells this brand. Take care, enjoy your day. Happy weekend!

Bill said...

Nice to see the fall colours, they are coming here too. Rained for most of the day here. :(

Ruth Hiebert said...

That chicken looks and sounds relay good.

Jeanette said...

I'll have to try that chicken. I'm all about easy meals these days!