Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, September 14, 2020

Monday

 Left the house at 6:50 and sunrise was a few minutes later at 6:58.
The temperature was 57 and it was cloudy with a little breeze.

 
Walked down the hill from home, then I turn left, and that road
 
takes me to the main road and then it's up a hill to town.
 Once I got to town, walked all over town.
Went past our old house too.

I saw school bus number 46 this morning picking up kids for school.
Odd to just see ONE bus.  Anyway 46 had the same driver I've seen
for many years now and it was nice to see him and wave once again.

There's an old school in town that has been converted into a few apartments.
As I walked passed I saw three police officers approach the building. One went
inside and the other two waited outside.
I kept walking but said a prayer for their safety.
Have waved to all three of them at times while walking.

 Lena and Pam were walking around too and I passed them
while heading out of town and back home.

Walked 5.5 miles

Ken took the tractor up to the church to day and did some work
removing pieces of an old sidewalk.
I stayed home because there wasn't really anything for me to do.

Got some house work done and the sheets washed and hung out
on the line.  Though the day started out cloudy by afternoon there was
a good mix of sun and clouds.

Just about finished sewing the latest baby blanket squares together.
Also got some reading done.

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Monday to you.
happyone  ❤️

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
- Maya Angelou
Comment Replies:
Inger - I too kept written journals for years and not too long ago got rid of all mine also.  I burned mine.

16 comments:

Rose said...

You will not believe this, but I was thinking about posing the question on my blog of what do you do with your journals and here you said what you did with yours.

Today was just a pleasant day here...not so hot and humid as it has been.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love those Fall leaves. I have my old journals but I don't think I could get rid of them even though I went through some rough times over the years. Maybe when I get old I'll go through the box they are in. lol Enjoy your week and that beautiful weather!

Sandi said...

Autumn leaves! Somehow it doesn't seem like it should be Autumn already.

Susie said...

Your pictures are really nice. Love the sun in the clouds shot. I really would love to have you happy walking feet. :):) Today I saw my dr because i had trouble walking for 4 days. I may need inserts . I know I have arthritis and if I over do, I have to rest the next day. But I never had to rest for 4 days before. So I will be happy with inserts. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Tom said...

...I love the view down the winding road!

Ruth Hiebert said...

School is back in session here as well. I am quite enjoying the busses going by as I sit inside.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful photo of the leaves.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

why did you burn your journals? All those recorded messages is a history. Love seeing the cloudy morning sky. Hope the police were not needed for anything serious.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the views of the sky and road. I like the pretty leaves. I have not seen any school buses yet, I think they started off having online classes here. Take care, have a great day!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen - Good to see the Fall leaves. Been hot here to-day for Spring- we're heading up to 24Deg C tomorrow- Summer is on it's way. Best Wishes. KEV.

Vee said...

Clean sheets day is one of my favorite days. ☺️ Cooler temps and colored leaves can only mean one thing... Schoolbuses are few and far between here as well. My daughter-in-law transports the boys to school...two days a week. I'll be glad when things can be back to normal for us all, especially the children.

Bill said...

Nice photo of the road, I like it.

William Kendall said...

A mysterious looking sky in that first shot.

Granny Marigold said...

The way the sky looks in the first picture is sort of like our hazy smoke-filled sky looks. I'm hoping soon the air quality will improve so we can go walking again.

Jeanette said...

I have two diary's from when I was a teenager. A few years ago I went through and edited them in case something happened to me and one of my kids read them. I think I will burn them though. It's not something I want my kids to necessarily read.

ellen b. said...

Sounds like a good day all the way around!