Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, September 04, 2020

Rain and Sun

 Cloudy when I headed out this morning on my walk and 64 degrees.  

 On the way to town saw 5 wild turkeys fly over the road from one tree to another. 
The small buck was eating apples fallen from the tree and wasn't bothered by me.

Walked around all the usual loops around town and down to see the bulls. 
The two of them were there but only one wanted his picture taken.

Then headed over to the industrial park. 
When I walked passed the lumber yard I saw Ken there buying lumber. 
We had planned to meet across the street in the Dollar General parking lot. 
Walking in the industrial park is when it unexpectedly started raining. 
Ken had seen me go down the road and picked up me just as it started pouring. 
Ken to the rescue again.
Walked 5.4 miles

On and off rain this morning but sunny in the afternoon. 

Ken went to work on the outhouse up at the cabin after lunch.
I walked up there and joined him a little while later.
We got things leveled and square so can start on the building tomorrow.

Once we were back at the house we sat on the front porch and ate apples.
Our favorite, Honey Crisp.
Ken likes to cut his up and eat it, while I like to hold it take nice big bites out of it.
When I get done I like to see how far I can throw the core in the woods.
Oh, the simple pleasures! 🙂

Will be doing a little reading later and I think I'll knit for a change.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Friday to you.
happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Vee - No, we get enough rain here!! 

13 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

It actually rained here...been weeks! And, weather forecast has us in the mid 60s for lows next week...I'm ready!

I like Honey Crisp too.

Loved the photos today.

Tom said...

...your last image is exactly what we enjoyed today!

Nellie said...

Great to have such a handy rescuer in a downpour! We’ve had some of those lately!

ellen b. said...

Simple pleasures are the best! Glad you were rescued again! Enjoy your evening.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Lots happening there in between the rain. We had a cool rainy day yesterday - today is a bit warmer however still rugged up as Winter seems not to be finished with us yet. Enjoy your Sunday. Cheers. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful white flower.

God bless.

William Kendall said...

The bull is quite photogenic.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love the closeup of the bull, he is handsome. Honey Crisp apples are my favorite apple too. I am looking forward to sunny skies this weekend. Take care, have a great day!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Sounds like a nice day - I enjoyed reading this post and looking at your pictures. Ken is still your "knight in shining armor" after all these years. WE could use some rain out here. It seems to only sprinkle enough to get the cars dirty. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. See you again soon!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That bull is posing perfectly. Love the blue sky filled with puffy clouds.

Bill said...

The bull knows when he is having his photo taken. :)
We had more rain off and on today with a little sun in between.

Lowcarb team member said...

Loved your photographs today.
I prefer to cut my apple up like Ken.

All the best Jan

Jeanette said...

One of the best things about this time of year is honeycrisp apples!