Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, September 05, 2020

Another Bloom

  This morning the temperature was 48 degrees with clear skies and no wind when I headed out the door on my walk. 
My ideal walking weather, for me it doesn't get any better. 
Air cool, crisp and just beautiful.

Saturday mornings in town are usually quiet but quite a few people out and about this morning. 
There were 4 yard sales going on already.
No, I didn't stop to look!!  Didn't want to see anything that I didn't know I needed. 😀

 Walked a big loop all around town including the ball park loop and home again.

Only saw a couple of rabbits along my walk today and none of the usual people I see walking.

Walked 5.7 miles

Retired another pair of walking shoes to the trash today. 

After breakfast Ken drove the tractor up to the cabin and got started working.
I wanted to get a couple of loads of laundry washed and hung out on the line so stayed at the house to get that done. 

 Walked up later in the morning. 
I helped Ken when needed but for the most part he worked on his own.
My job was clearing the area in front of the cabin of sticker bushes
and little trees.

Ken drove the tractor to the house at lunch time and I walked home.
Went back to work after lunch.
This time I drove us up in the ATV.
We worked about an hour and a half before we quit for the day.
Ken drove the truck to the house and I drove the ATV.
The truck was left up at the cabin yesterday with tools in it.

My little sunflower as another bloom on it.

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Saturday to you.
happyone ❤️

Treat everyone with politeness,
even those who are rude to you,
not because they are nice,
but because you are.
Unknown

19 comments:

Tom said...

...that's all for today? What a busy day!!!

ellen b. said...

Another good day of work for you today! It's handy to have those vehicles! Have a great relaxing evening!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful picture of the cobweb. Working together like that sounds like fun. I know that I used to enjoy that.

Nellie said...

Love that cobweb picture! You know how to fill your days! We had a cooler morning here, too, and loved the lower temps today.

Rose said...

Love your sunflower! And the spiderweb. I saw yard sales today, too, but like you did not stop because I did not want to find anything I couldn't resist...

Hill Top Post said...

What a great shot you got of the spider and her web. I especially like that her shadow is in the center of her creation. It must be her cousin that has a web on the outside of our bathroom window. Dan says we should sweep her down, but I enjoy watching her. It won't be long until you'll be walking in your snow shoes...not something you want to be reminded of, I am sure!

Hootin Anni said...

Great, productive day for you both! You two make Bud & I seem like couch potatoes!! LOVE, love, LOVE the double sunflower.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a wonderful spider's web. Did you know why the spider never gets stuck in his web? Apparently, he only walks on the straight lines coming out of the center - they have no glue on them. I read it on the web!

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Cool shot of the web, I love the sunflowers. Do you always have an extra pair of walking shoes ready to go? Take care, enjoy your day! Have a happy new week ahead!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Wow- your Sun Flower is a beaut...plenty done to-day there- you and Ken always seem to be on the go. Has been a reasonably cool day - though dry- swept out the carport and courtyard...hardly a full day- tonight I've lowered the prices on my e-Bay hoping things will sell over the week. Have a great day. Best Wishes. KEV.

R's Rue said...

A beautiful walk.

Jeanette said...

I think I've finally convinced myself that there is absolutely nothing I need at a yard sale anymore! My motto is anything that comes in the house means equal has to go out!

Bill said...

I like the first photo, it's a beauty. Nice looking sunflower too.

Inger said...

That's a magnificent spider's web! Great photo too. And it sounds like another good day for you. Sharing it with us may help some of us get off our butts and do something useful today.

Deb J. in Utah said...

You had another busy, but enjoyable day. Josh would be so jealous if I told him you had an ATV! He loves those things. I imagine they are fun. I love your sunflower and also your spider web picture. I am wondering about how often you wear out a pair of walking shoes? I need to find a better kind of shoe - I bought some cheap shoes at Costco to wear to school, because I can only wear them at school and have to wash them a lot, but that was a mistake because they are giving me blisters and my feet are killing me. I need to figure something else out. Hope you have a good Sunday. I am wondering if you will be attending church in person again. See you soon.

Vee said...

You folks stay busy! 🌻

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I like that last quote and try my best to live by it. A pair of walking shoes in the trash? That's hard to do...I know! Enjoy your day and the beautiful weather!

Granny Marigold said...

That's a good shot of the spider web. It seems that Fall is when we see many webs and run into spider silk hanging down from every tree. I don't like the feeling of having them in my face.

Lowcarb team member said...

A wonderfully busy day.
Gorgeous photographs, I especially like the cobweb one.

All the best Jan