Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

A different walk

The morning started off as usual with me leaving the house first
thing for my walk to town. 
It was 44 degrees, with sun and clouds.
Walked down and around the first curve and when I came around
the second curve in the middle of the road were two bear cubs.
Didn't know where mama was and was afraid to walk past the cubs
so I walked backwards back around the curve and
then turned around and went home again.
That ended my walk to town.

Ken was going back to the church again to remove more of the sidewalk.
I decided to go with him and while he worked I went for a walk
There is a park near church and thought that would be
a great place to walk so that's where I went.
A lake is there which made for a very nice walk, though I was a bit
disappointed that there wasn't a path around the lake.

Some pictures along my walk.
Went along the grass here and to the left into the trees

and down to the water.

Walked along here till a sign told me I could go no farther.
 

Went back the way I came and walked along here.

Went down near the water again on this side of the lake.

The end of this road took me past a ball park.

and out of the park.
Walked along here about a half mile

until I arrived back at the church.


 
 

Perfect timing because when I got there Ken had just finished loading the trailer
with more of the sidewalk and was ready to go..
We went home and dumped the sidewalk up at Happy Trails.
Had lunch and then went back for the third and final load.
(first load was yesterday)
Took pictures but I'll save them for another day because there are quite
a lot of pictures with this post already.

Church is 21 miles away so we spent quite a bit of time driving too.

I made Baked Ziti for supper and now it's time to relax and
enjoy the evening.
We got Klondike bars when we went shopping this morning
at the Shop and Save and looking forward to having
one in a little while.

That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Tuesday to you.
happyone  ❤️

Even though your broken heart may never heal,
bless those who help hold the pieces together.
- Terri Guillemets

Comment Replies:
Anni - Just didn't want my journals anymore.  Some things are best forgotten and didn't want to be reminded of them again.  Besides didn't want anyone else to read them. 🙂

17 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Now, I can better understand the reason for destroying your journal. This was a very different walk...I'm sure a nice break from routine, and pretty scenery--better than coming upon mama bear. Church is pretty too!!

Tom said...

...walking along water is always a special treat.

Debi said...

Sometimes it's good to travel a different path. It certainly was a pretty walk.

Rose said...

This looks like a great place to walk...it might tempt me to drive there and walk at some other point in time. Love the pics.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sounds like a wise choice to avoid getting too close to the bear cubs. Mama might not be happy if you got too close.

ellen b. said...

We have part of our church's concrete dumped at our property, too. Sounds like a good busy days. You have me singing that jingle..."what would you do for a klondike bar?"

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. That is so interesting that you saw two bear cubs in the road not far from your home. I think you handled that just right - I would have turned around too! Glad you had a nice walk by that lake. it was fun to see where you go to church. Klondike Bars sound really good. See you again tomorrow. :-)

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Lots of nice photos there- well done. Bit wise to stay clear of the Bear Cubs. Have a great day. Regards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a lovely walk.

God bless.

Vee said...

It's nice to have a change of scenery. Walking around the lake must have brought back memories of another lake you used to walk around, though it had a nice path as I recall. Wise choice to not go any closer to the bear cubs. Obviously, mother has not been teaching them to not play in the road. 🧸🧸

Bill said...

Nice alternative walk, it is pretty. Klondike bars sound great!

Hill Top Post said...

How exciting to see the cubs...but wise to back out of that one! Even though I always enjoy my same old walking trail, it is sometimes fun to walk in new country. It's beginning to look quite fall-like around the lake.

Happy@Home said...

It sounds like you made the right decision on changing your walking route. I enjoyed seeing where your walk led you. It is looking autumnal near the water.

William Kendall said...

Wonderful views from your walk.

Sandi said...

Best to avoid the bear cubs!

Retired Knitter said...

Wonderful pictures. It’s always nice to walk somewhere new.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I read this post last night before I went to bed and enjoyed the photos. I turned around on a hike a few days ago too but you made the most of it and saw some beautiful sights. Enjoy your day!