Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, August 31, 2020

One Sunflower

My morning walk to town today was a cloudy one and 58 degrees with a little breeze.  Went right to the library first and dropped a book down the drop and then walked over to the post office and dropped some mail down the slot.

A jaunt around town and around one of the cemeteries before heading back home again.

I mentioned that the house by the cemetery that got the new back porch was having some more work done in their back yard.  Today I see that they are in the process of having a VERY NICE water feature added to their yard. Wanted to walk down to get a closer look but thought I'd better not.  Will take a picture from the cemetery once it is done.

Very quiet around town, didn't see any people out walking or animals either.  First deer I saw was when I got back home out back of the house.

 Sorry no walk pictures today.  Nothing caught my eye.

Walked 5.8 miles
Sunrise - 6:45 

☁️     🙂     ☁️

I planted so many sunflower seeds this year but didn't have much luck with them.  Just one came up this year and it is just a small one, but I'm happy to have a least this one.  All the petals haven't opened yet but thought I'd better get a picture of it before something happens to it!!  There are two other buds on it so hoping they will bloom too.

 Not sure what this is - I guess some kind of moth. 

This afternoon we watched 4 deer wander around out back eating and stopping for a drink of water.  Pictures are of the two bucks.  A doe and her pretty big little one were out there too but their pictures didn't come out good enough to post.





 
Cloudy most of the day with rain in the afternoon.
 
Made a few more weave-it squares this afternoon and read.

📖     📖     📖

August Bible Verse Challenge

Day 31 - Faith
 
Romans 12:3 KJV
 
For I say, through the grace given unto me, 
to every man that is among you, 
not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; 
but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of FAITH.

This is the last day of the Bible verse challenge and it has been fun figuring out which verse to post each day, and seeing the other verses that others have chosen.
Thank You Ellen 🙂 for hosting and for stopping by each day to see my verse.

That's it for today.
Thanks for visiting.
A happy day do you.
happyone ❤️

17 comments:

Hill Top Post said...

Your rock features are what catches my eye most in these wonderful pictures. You are getting quite a family of deer in your woods. My Millie would send them running! :~)

Susie said...

The deer seem to be almost tamed. I love that big flower, so pretty. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Pom Pom said...

Your sunflower is lovely! My neighbor said she planted a lot of sunflower seeds and not one came up. I have tons, so maybe it was bad seeds?

Rose said...

I so love every photo in this post. Sunflowers are one of my favorite subjects. They make me smile every time I see one. Love seeing your deer....and that moth is gorgeous. I did a quick look around but not sure what it is.

Debi said...

I haven't had any luck with sunflowers either, but I keep planting them because I have hope! It's so nice that you have the deer for entertainment!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the pictures of the deer. Sorry you haven't had such good luck with your sunflowers, but the one you have is lovely. Glad it was a good day.

ellen b. said...

Love your sunflower and all your visitors. Thank you so much for participating in the August Bible Verse Challenge. It has been good to see all the different verses people came up with.

Granny Marigold said...

I finally had some sunflowers grow for me this year. I sowed them in the house and transplanted them when they were big enough to go out and the weather was warmer.

Hootin Anni said...

that moth's wing pattern is absolutely amazing! the deer are beautiful...and, I really enjoyed your bible passages for the month!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Lovely sunflower.

God bless, Happyone.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The sunflower looks beautiful! I love seeing the deer, your bridge looks great too. The moth has pretty details, great capture! Take care, enjoy your day!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Just admire Sun Flowers- my Grandmother had them at her home in Young NSW- I remember the flowers towering above me- I wold have been about 6 years old. Regards. KEV.

Retired Knitter said...

Sunflowers are such large interesting flowers. Hopefully you will have more success next time. This one is lovely.

Bill said...

A pretty sunflower that shows off its beauty.

William Kendall said...

The deer do make very good company.

Nellie said...

Looking forward to a picture of that water feature being added to that house near the cemetery! Someone near had good luck with sunflowers this year as we noticed a field of them when we were out earlier today on errands. We never seemed to have much luck with them growing for us. It’s great to be able to watch the deer!

Henny Penny said...

That is a beautiful sunflower! Love the bible verse too. Romans Chapter 12 is one of my favorites. If only I could read that chapter every day and live by what it says. That would be good.