Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Very Long Legs

62 degrees this morning and very still out.
A mix of sun and clouds.
Sunrise: 6:26
Sunset: 8:17

A walk to town and around both of the cemeteries.

Saw the Doe and her two little ones trying to cross the road
as I was walking to town.  All three were in the middle of the road
and thankfully the two cars going by stopped so they could cross.

Walking down the hill from the cemetery the sun was at my back
and cast a long shadow.
Me and my shadow.


Didn't see anyone else out walking till I headed back home.
Then saw Dwayne, Rebecca, and then Lena and Jim.

Walked 5.8 miles
Found a penny

🌤     🙂     🌤

Shop and Save grocery shopping day and we went right after breakfast.
Not a lot of people in the store but then at that time of day
there is never a lot of people there!

Ken's been working on his little bridge again today.
I did some weeding around the area.
Helped him out a little bit by holding things in place
and fetching things for him.

Finished sewing up the latest baby blanket.
Definitely for a girl.

Started reading the second Miss Read book in the Thrush Green series.

📖     📖     📖
August Bible Verse Challenge
Day 11 - Glory
John 11:40  KJV

Jesus saith unto her,
Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe,
thou shouldest see the GLORY of God?

📖     📖     📖

That's all for today
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone ❤️
Comment Replies:
Kev - No, not unusual to have fog in summer.  We can get fog anytime of year.

Anni - Yes, I made the natural fences and it is an on going thing.  I started making them when we moved to Happy Trails 2 years ago this month.  When I cleared the woods of dead fall I just started making the fence and now when I walk along and find a branch that has fallen, just add it to the fence.  I'll have to walk all along the fences to see how long they are!  I enjoy making the fences.  The animals seem to like them too and it is something that I can do on my own without help.  Ken does cut up some of the bigger limbs with the chain saw for me though.

14 comments:

Debi said...

I love your tall shadow... very cool!

Tom said...

...I never knew that you were so tall!

Rose said...

When I have such a long shadow, just for an instant I feel skinny again! LOL

Love the baby blanket.

Susie said...

Hey long legged girl. I love the little blanket, pretty colors. I need to weed whack tomorrow. You helping Ken reminded me. That's my yard work part...Ted mowed. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Vee said...

That's a great shadow! I want one like that. 😀 Wonderful, cheery baby blanket. 💛

ellen b. said...

No wonder you can walk all those miles! :)
Fun baby blanket. Great verse on glory!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the baby blanket. I remember the one you made and sent to my granddaughter. Wow, that has been four years. Time goes so quickly. Fun picture of your tall shadow. See you again tomorrow.

Hootin Anni said...

That baby blanket is a gorgeous piece of work! Love the fact that the drivers slowed down for the deer family. And your shadow image...cool. a walking stick?

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- "Me and My Shadow" -I like that. Your Baby Blanket is so colorful- you must have a lot of patience to crocheur it. Regards. KEV.

Jeanette said...

I always take a picture of long legged me shadow! It's the only time 5'1" me ever gets long legs! Love the baby blanket! So pretty.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the long leg shadow shot. The flowers are pretty. The baby blanket is beautiful. I am glad the deer were ok, I always stop and wait for them to cross the road. Take care, enjoy your day!

Pom Pom said...

The new baby blanket is bright and sunny!

Bill said...

Cool tall shadow and a pretty baby blanket.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It looks like you are on stilts. The baby blanket is cute and will be cozy for some little one.