Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Fog again

Started out walking in the fog again this morning but it
was soon gone and there was a mix of sun and clouds.
Temperature was 64 degrees and no wind.

Walked to town and met Jackie, a friend from church in the parking
lot by the pond.  She gave me money wrapped up in tin foil for the
money cupcakes that I bake each year for the Sunday school kids.
Most of you probably already know what that is but will explain
it again when I make the cupcakes in a couple of days.

Nice to have a chat with Jackie, then she left and I continued
on my walk.

Went to the post office to drop a card down the slot,
walked around town and finally headed back home again.

Didn't see anyone else out walking.
Only a couple of deer around this morning and didn't see any rabbits.

Walked 5.7 miles

☁️     🙂     🌤

When I got home Ken was already outside working on the bridge.
After breakfast he went back outside and I did some stuff inside.
Went out later in the morning and finished pulling the weeds
from around the area by the bridge.

A friendly neighborhood cow having a scratch.

📖     📖     📖

August Bible Verse Challenge
Day 12 - Man
Genesis 2:7  KJV

And the Lord God formed MAN of the dust of the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;
and MAN became a living soul.

📖     📖     📖

That's it for today.
Thanks for visiting.
A happy day to you.
happyone  ❤️
Comment Replies:
Anni - Yes, that was my walking stick in the shadow picture yesterday.  My son David made it for me years ago.

15 comments:

Tom said...

...a foggy start to the day can be beautiful.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The temperatures sound quite comfortable . Today has been very hot here.Sitting around 30 Celsius . Too much for this girl.

ellen b. said...

Fog makes for great moody photos.
A very important verse regarding man. Thank you for sharing.

Rose said...

Oh, I so love that first shot.

Debi said...

Sounds like nice weather for a walk.

Vee said...

I'm kind of envious of your 60s weather. We have no relief overnight...makes it interesting trying to keep the house cooled off. That cow is funny...glad she figured out how to get a welcome scratch.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Sounds like another good day - it is starting to cool down a bit here to in the morning, which makes morning walks nice. Today was my last week day morning walk for a while because tomorrow it's back to school. Have a good one and I will see you again soon.

Hootin Anni said...

I would like to see your special walking stick sometime. Bud likes to make them too. Sweet cow! And, beautiful early morning sky!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Looking forwards to cup cakes.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love the foggy scene and the cute cow # 21. There is always weeding to be done. Have a happy day!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Warmer here today at 22 Deg C and no Rain. Your in Fog still- I read where you told me it was normal for this time of the year. Cheers. KEV.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I noticed your walking stick too and was happy to see you carry it. We need a little something when we hike and you see dogs sometimes. Enjoy your day! Hot and sticky here today. I have indoor projects to work on!

Pom Pom said...

That's a cute cow!

Bill said...

Nice fog photo and a beautiful start to your day.
Love the cow's expression.

Lowcarb team member said...

Always nice when the sun burns the fog away...and I agree with Bill, I like the cows expression too!

All the best Jan