Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, August 10, 2020

Starting out in fog

 Started out with a little fog around but that soon gave
way to sunshine.
Temperature was 59 degrees.


Walked to town and on the way saw the usual deer and rabbits.

Some of the drivers of the county and state big dump trucks that
see me walking every morning wave or give a little beep
as they pass by.  Today I heard 4 loud beeps and thought
that must be Stuart and sure enough it was.  He is a church friend
and he always gives those extra beeps. 🙂

Walked around both cemeteries, around town and over to
the ball park and walked there.
Then passed our old house and over to the industrial park
where I walked till it was time to meet Ken in the Dollar General
parking lot.  We did a bit of shopping and then I got a ride home again.

Didn't see any people walking this Monday morning.

Walked 6 miles

☁️     🙂     ☀️
When we got home I made pancakes for breakfast.
Then Ken went outside to do some work on a little bridge
he is making.
I got busy with some housework and worked all morning.

After lunch I went outside, watched Ken a while and then
just puttered about.
Ended up on the front porch reading.

Three deer have taking to resting along the natural fence
that I've made.  They stay for hours at a time and are there most
days.  You can see one of them in the picture,
but the other two are pretty much hidden.


📖     📖     📖
August Bible Verse Challenge
Day 10 - Heaven
Matthew 24:35-36 KJV

HEAVEN and earth shall pass away,
but my words shall not pass away.

But of that day and hour knoweth no man,
no, not the angels of HEAVEN,
but my Father only.

📖     📖     📖

That's all for today.
A happy day to you
happyone ❤️

21 comments:

Rose said...

I can see a second deer, but I sure cannot find the third!

Vee said...

I see the deer and another hidden, but no others. It looks like a great place for the deer to rest. I wonder if they sleep.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Deer are really good at hiding aren't they! Looking forward to seeing a picture of the little bridge Ken is working on. See you again tomorrow!

Joyful said...

Looks like a spectacular day for a walk.

ellen b. said...

That's fun to get some beeps from drivers! We get some when people we know drive past our home. Those deer have a lovely spot on your property to rest.
Thanks for the verses on heaven!

Granny Marigold said...

That's another great picture of a foggy morning!

Hootin Anni said...

Beautiful deer laying in the shade. You made that fence? Musta taken forever!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Another great Bible verse. Thanx.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It has been foggy here the last few mornings. Love the deer photo, you have done a lot with the natural fence. It looks good! Take care, enjoy your day!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- You live in a nice county - Fog in Summer- is this unusual? Regards. KEV.

Tom said...

...I often start and end in the fog.

Susie said...

I laughed about the beeps. Yes, you must be known to the truckers traveling your roads. So fun , you and Ken together shopping. I like that you both usually keep bust. Blessings, stay safe, xoxo, Susie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How nice to have cool mornings to walk. I'm stuck inside for a few days because of the intense heat and humidity...and NO breeze! I'm enjoying your Bible verses every day! Blessings!

Debi said...

I love that the deer visit you every day. I love the Dollar General and miss going there now. I have only been once since COVID hit.

William Kendall said...

I like that misty view.

Bill said...

The mist if nice to walk in when it's cool.

Lowcarb team member said...

Nice that your friends stop and beep.

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

I know I’ve said it before, but I think fog can make a beautiful scene.

Inger said...

Another lovely morning and how I would like to see some fog. We are under the eternal sunshine of So. California skies right now, not likely to change for a while.

Connie said...

Oh my goodness . . . I read pancakes and my mind started to wander, LOL. Ii have been hungry for something all morning but didn't realize what it was. I've even been to the refrigerator two or three times to look in and then close the door, nothing looked good. I have a friend coming over soon to play cards and I don't want to mess up the kitchen, but supper tonight will probably be pancakes, Yum :)
There was so much more in your post . . . but silly me, that's what stuck in my head. I did blow up the photo of the woods and I think I saw all three of them . . . I was looking for the same shade of brown in the one that you can clearly see. Enjoyed your Bible verse challenge, too. Great idea.
Have a sweet day,
Connie :)

Michelle said...

We've already been having these foggy August mornings here in KY. I love them though!