Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, August 01, 2020

Unused Furniture

A cloudy morning, 62 degrees, and calm when I left on
my morning walk to town.


Happy to see the doe and her fawn once again.
Saw a couple other deer too and they must have been in the
area visiting, because they stamped their feet and snorted at me.
My deer are more friendly than that. 🙂


Walked to the library and dropped off a book down the slot
and then walked past our old house and up the street a bit
before turning around and headed back home again.


Must have been a bicycle event going on because a few bike
riders passed me along the main road.
All were very friendly and shouted a good morning as they rode by.

I pass by this house when I walk in town with a nice front porch.
It makes me laugh because every summer they put chairs
out and leave the plastic on them.
They NEVER sit out there.
Then every winter the furniture gets put away again for next year.


Walked 5.8 miles

☁️     🙂     ☁️

Rain, sun, rain, sun, and rain again today,
it couldn't make up its mind!

A day for staying inside.
It was quiet day and I got a whole mess of
weave-it squares done this afternoon.
Before you know it I'll be sewing another baby blanket together.

That's all I've got for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone ❤️

14 comments:

Tom said...

...when in high school I had a number of older ladies who had wash their front porches, unroll the rug and bring the porch furniture up from the basement. And then in the fall I did the reverse.

Vee said...

Such a pretty porch with very unattractive furniture covers. I wonder how old the owners are. That's something my grandmother would have done and she would be 111. 😳 Another happy day in your corner, even with stamping, snorting deer from away.🦌

Susie said...

I laughed about the plastic covered chairs. Maybe it is to keep it clean and sitting ready if someone comes by. LOL. Let's hope. So sad if no one enjoys such a pretty porch. I absolutely love the picture of the mailboxes and flowers. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Pom Pom said...

That IS funny about the furniture. A mystery!

Rose said...

Well, here it has rained lightly all day...but was so nice to sit on screened in deck. Just the right temp..lol about the deer not being your deer.

ellen b. said...

The snorting and stamping is a warning for sure. How odd that the porch furniture is covered in plastic for the season. Reminds me of the 50's when people had their furniture inside covered with plastic. Ugh. Happy August to you!

Ruth Hiebert said...

It’s a shame that no one uses that beautiful porch. I love the shot of the mailboxes and the flowers.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty flowers! It is a shame the porch is not used. We are finally getting some rain. Enjoy your day, have a great new week!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

We all need a quiet day.

God bless.

Jeanette said...

What good does it do to protect the furniture if you never use it anyway? I would be sitting on that porch all the time!

Bill said...

I love that porch. It would be great sitting there reading. The flowers are pretty.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. That is funny that those people never take the plastic off of their chairs. What a waste of a beautiful porch, right?! We are back in town, so I will be posting another blog post soon. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Nellie said...

I am having front porch envy here! There would be no plastic on my front porch furniture! I would have all sorts of occasions to be sitting on it! Nellie xoxo

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a bit strange about the furniture.

Going back to childhood days my Grandma used to enjoy sitting on a chair by her front door, she didn't have a porch, she used to say it was so nice when people went by and said hello, good morning etc to her.

All the best Jan