Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, August 02, 2020

Going to Church


My post last Sunday mentioned 12 excuses people give about not going to church.

I know you don't have to go to church
to pray,
worship God, 
be thankful
or read the Bible.
And it is a good idea to do these things EVERY day
whether we are in a church or not.

Hebrews 10:24-25 KJV
And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

This week here are 12 reasons why I DO go to church.

1. God wants me to go and is happy when I do.

2. To learn about God

3. To worship God

4. To sing hymns of praise to God

5. Jesus died for my sins and I go because I am so thankful.

6. For the encouragement that others give me and to encourage others
in day to day living.

7. For the fellowship with my church family.

8. I feel God's peace and his presence there.
(Though I carry this peace with me always).

8.  To Pray

9. To connect with others who feel the same as I do.

10. To give back through church ministries.

11. It makes me happy and brings me joy.

12. It is just a great way to start the week.

For the longest time I didn't go to church though I read my Bible and prayed.
I thought that it was enough,
I had tried going to different churches and just never felt
comfortable being there.
I once told someone that and they told me
You just haven't found the right church.
How right they were!!!!
 
When we walked into the church we attend now we felt at home the
minute we walked in the door.

There are many good Bible believing churches out there
and if you keep looking God will lead you to one.

Sure there will be some people who aren't friendly or
who are hypocrites and don't believe exactly as you do.
People are people and it will always be like that,
but we are ALL sinners and none of us perfect (just forgiven).

Though our church is now meeting in the building
we still don't feel comfortable in a group of people
so we continue to attend church on line on FB,
but I sure look forward to the day when we can go back to
church and be normal again!!


Have a wonderful Sunday
and God Bless You.
happyone  ❤️

15 comments:

Anni said...

I think we're all patiently waiting for normal. But, I also think our lives have changed and the "normal" will never be like the past. And, maybe that's a good thing in many ways.

Tom said...

...a dozen good reasons!

Terra said...

I agree with all your points; I would love to have tea with you, we are on the same wave length. My friend moved away in mid-March and she finds since most churches are offering online services during the pandemic she can "visit" many churches near her and hear the sermons online. Very helpful to her choosing a church.

Susie said...

If you can go to a church that some of your own family or friends attend, it helps. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Ruth Hiebert said...

To me going to church has always been a part of my life, but has become even more important in the last few years. I am back at the church, but for now it is very different than it used to be.

Phoebes World said...

Funnily enough ... this is the bible verse I shared today..
Today is the second Sunday in a row we attended church. Even though the Governor has banned indoor services... we continue to meet... socially distancing... masked... in the the California sunshine.. in the car park of our chapel. And we are one of scores who are doing the same thing.
At this time .. more than ever..we need the Lord..and the fellowship of others.But its so hard not to greet people with a hug xx

ellen b. said...

I go to church for all those same reasons. I'm glad you found a good Bible teaching believing church. So good and so important. Hope August has started out well for you.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

... to improve ourselves.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Good reasons, you should always do what makes you happy!

Take care and stay safe! Enjoy your day, have a happy new week!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- It is a bit of a shame that you cannot attend Church proper- because of Virus Restrictions. One of my fondest memories of Church is attending the Evening Service at Easter Time with my gentle Mother- I guess I was about 14 at the time...when I think about those times I feel close to my Mom - remembering all those Flowers and the Scent in the Presbyterian Church...Mum passed away forty years ago- and I just about think of Mum each and every day. Regards. KEV.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Amen to everything in this post, Karen. We still aren't back in church, in person although yesterday, Josh got up and attended a socially distanced young adult congregation of our church. Charly and I did church at home. Our congregation still isn't meeting together because we have so many oldest people in our congregation and many are in poor health. I just hope we can get this virus under control soon. Have a good week. See you again soon!

Leslie said...

I love this!!
Before Covid I was visiting different churches trying to get a good comfortable feel. I really enjoyed it. I haven't been inside of a church since and I do miss it. However, I do believe that God led me to the place where I (will) belong. A few months ago I made a new friend named pastor Jim and I've been following his masses and bible studies online. I can't wait to attend in person.

Have a great new week!!

Bill said...

You always want to go to a church that you feel comfortable in and feel welcomed.

susan q said...

Yes I agree that you want to go to a welcoming church. Have not found that just yet. You are a good example to follow. I like to perform good deeds anonymously and don't really like the fuss of being in the spotlight. Life is good♥

Lowcarb team member said...

I agree with Bill ...
You always want to go to a church that you feel comfortable in and feel welcomed.

All the best Jan