My post last Sunday mentioned 12 excuses people give about not going to church.
I know you don't have to go to church
or read the Bible.
And it is a good idea to do these things EVERY day
whether we are in a church or not.
Hebrews 10:24-25 KJV
And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
This week here are 12 reasons why I DO go to church.
1. God wants me to go and is happy when I do.
2. To learn about God
3. To worship God
4. To sing hymns of praise to God
5. Jesus died for my sins and I go because I am so thankful.
6. For the encouragement that others give me and to encourage others
in day to day living.
7. For the fellowship with my church family.
8. I feel God's peace and his presence there.
(Though I carry this peace with me always).
8. To Pray
9. To connect with others who feel the same as I do.
10. To give back through church ministries.
11. It makes me happy and brings me joy.
12. It is just a great way to start the week.
For the longest time I didn't go to church though I read my Bible and prayed.
I thought that it was enough,
I had tried going to different churches and just never felt
comfortable being there.
I once told someone that and they told me
You just haven't found the right church.
How right they were!!!!
When we walked into the church we attend now we felt at home the
minute we walked in the door.
There are many good Bible believing churches out there
and if you keep looking God will lead you to one.
Sure there will be some people who aren't friendly or
who are hypocrites and don't believe exactly as you do.
People are people and it will always be like that,
but we are ALL sinners and none of us perfect (just forgiven).
Though our church is now meeting in the building
we still don't feel comfortable in a group of people
so we continue to attend church on line on FB,
but I sure look forward to the day when we can go back to
church and be normal again!!
Have a wonderful Sunday
and God Bless You.