Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, July 31, 2020

Brownies

62 degrees this morning when I walked with a very light misty rain.
So light that I didn't really get wet, just a bit damp.
It was actually nice and kept me cool.
Like you said GrannyM, I'd rather walk in a misty rain than the hot sun.


Had my usual walk to town and passed by deer, rabbits, a whole
mess of goldfinches, a couple of chipmunks and even a groundhog.

When I got to town I walked down the side street passed the library
and then headed over to the ball park loop.
Down the other side street, back to the main road and home again.

No one else out walking that I saw.

Walked 5.7 miles

☁️     🌧     🙂     ☁️

Made us pancakes for breakfast.
Yesterday Ken mentioned that I hadn't made brownies in a long time,
so I baked him some.

When I stopped in the library the other day I told Lori
about the trouble I had trying to borrow books on my Kindle.
She walked me through it and showed me what I did wrong.
Today I gave it another try and after a few attempts was pleased to have
gotten a book downloaded on the Kindle. 
Tried another book and ran into problems and can't seem to figure out
what I did wrong.  Hoping it will get easier as I go along.
A lot of the books from our library just aren't available for the Kindle.

No work outside today.
Scattered showers throughout the day so we spent
it indoors.
We did see some sun by suppertime.

Nice to spend most of the afternoon reading.

That's all I've got for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone  🙂

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
Nicolas Chamfort


Comment Replies:
Brenda and John - Thanks so much for your kind words.

11 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Another perfect day from morning on. And you made brownies? Be still my heart

Tom said...

...brownies are always a treat!

Susie said...

Brownies sound good to me too. :) Maybe the book that won't load on your kindle give the problems. I think you are doing well. Sounds like to were in a zoo area, all the critters you saw on your walk. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Nellie said...

Brownies? I dare not make those here! I do, however, manage to make enough other tempting things to keep me in trouble!😂

Victor S E Moubarak said...

A good day, it seems.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Another nice walk and photo. The brownies sound yummy.. Enjoy your day, happy weekend!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- I'm surprised you receive so much rain in Summer there. Here Summer can be very dry- we've been getting a good amount of rain this Winter. Regards. KEV.

Vee said...

I can't always figure out nhow to download a book either. Sometimes it seems perfectly intuitive and others 😳. Sounds like Animal Kingdom there. Brownies...every now and then, they are just the thing. I usually remedy it with a brownie mix. Now I'm going to see how easy your recipe is.

Bill said...

Brownies are always nice for a treat.

Rose said...

Sounds like such a pleasant day. Our library has changed how we borrow kindle books...the best I can tell I cannot download them to my paperwhite...it is disappointing. I can download to computer or tablet. But I like my paperwhite so much more.

And same thing with audio books...not that I listen very often...

I hope you get it figured out. I am going to check again to make sure I am right about ours, but I sure think I was.

ellen b. said...

Pancakes and brownies sound real good to me right now.