Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, August 15, 2020

Rainy Day

A drizzly walk this morning.
60 degrees with a little breeze as I walked to town.
Walked to the library first to drop off a book down the book drop.
The rain didn't start until after I got to town so the book stayed dried!
Continued walking through town and over to the ball park loop
where I saw Lena and Jim walking.
From there walked a bit more around town and then headed home again.

I pass by this garden up on a hill in a front yard on the road to town
every morning and it looks so pretty.

5 deer ran across the road right in front of me.
Luckily no cars were coming by.

Walked 5.7 miles

☁️     🙂     🌧

Even though it was drizzling we still went to the stone place this morning
and got another 2 tons of the smaller gravel.
This morning we were glad we emptied the trailer of the
gravel yesterday!!
Left the gravel in the trailer though and will continue work
when the weather clears.

It's been a rainy day all day.
A good day to knit and read.

🙂
Lisa - I was so excited this morning to see a loofah blossom on
one of the plants.  I will be happy if I just get one loofah.
Thanks again for sending me the seeds!!

🙂

📖     📖     📖
August Bible Verse Challenge

Day 15 - Train
I King 10:2 KJV
The she in the verse is the Queen of Sheba.

And she came to Jerusalem with a very great TRAIN,
with camels that bare spices,
and very much gold, and precious stones:
and when she was come to Solomon,
she communed with him of all that was in her heart.

📖     📖     📖

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Vee - The only deer we've named is Dolly who sleeps under the bridge.

Anni - We have no great plan of what to do. Just walk around and get ideas and Ken figures out how to do it!!

13 comments:

Rose said...

I love that first shot! And I bet that is a pretty garden you pass...also will be watching to see what you get from te loofah blossom!

ellen b. said...

I was happy to see the verse you found with a whole different train in it. Thank you. That garden looks full and pretty! Glad you found some good rainy day quiet activities. Have a great Lord's Day!

Susie said...

I am thankful no cars where coming when the deer crossed too. That garden of flowers is beautiful. You and Ken are real working people. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Tom said...

...a rainy day, that sure sounds wonderful, enjoy your weekend.

NanaDiana said...

You are much better than I am---I am a fair weather walker. lol Missing my treadmill that is at out old house and may get that moved before winter sets in. xo Diana

Vee said...

It looked like rain most of the day, but nothing ever came of it. That yellow flower is very pretty...a new one to me. How nice to receive a gift of seeds. 🌱🌱🌱

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is quite a project you have going. It was hot here today. Some rain would be nice. Hope you have a good Sunday.

Hootin Anni said...

would love to have some drizzling rains. and, to respond to your answer about landscaping...you two are amazing!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

We had a rainy day yesterday too, it is not my kind of walking weather.
I love the view of the garden. You and Ken are moving lots of stones, the landscaping always keeps you busy! Take care, enjoy your day! Have a great new week ahead!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I did not know they had trains at the time of the Queen of Sheba. I wonder what railway line she took.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- It is good to see the rain even if it slows things down- I persevere when it's raining knowing full well that we can and do face severe droughts...yes, it is good to see the Rain. Best Wishes. KEV. (Sydney-AUSTALIA).

Bill said...

It is hot & humid here again. When the weather is like this, it is said to be "close". I don't miss the rain but a little wind would surely help. :) Enjoy your day!

Lisa said...

Wow on the Loofah!! I worried that your cooler temps would be too cold for them but there you have it!!!
Mine did not do good this year. I got one vine and no flowers yet. I had loofahs by this time last year. Hope the bees pollenate that flower!
Lisa