Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Junk Yard

 A cloudy walk this morning when I left for town.  Windy too and 69 degrees.  A few sprinkles of rain on and off during my walk which kept me cool. Walked to town once again and this time right on through to the ball park.  After walking around that loop, walked back through town and home again.

Lena and her husband Jim were on their way to the ball park loop as I was just leaving.  We had a little chat before continuing on our ways.  A little bit later saw the daughter Rebecca walking in town.

 Took another picture of the new barn being put up.  Roof is on and siding has begun on the back of it.

Haven't heard many birds chirping in the morning when I leave.  But did see a whole mess of goldfinches.  The usual deer around and a couple of rabbits too.

Walked 5.5 miles

☁️     🙂     🌧

Going to church last evening was great.  Wonderful to see some of the people we haven't seen for months and months.  Wednesday was a good day for us to start going to church again.  Only about 35 people or so there and wearing masks coming and leaving.  We both felt comfortable and plan on going next week again.  In time we will get back to going Sunday morning and evening again too. 
Sure nice to see you Bettye! 😀

This morning I baked a batch of chocolate chip cookies and didn't even eat one, but did eat a bit of the batter as I made them!  Cookies will probably be our snack this evening instead of ice cream.

Ken loaded up the pickup truck this morning with a bunch of scrap metal and aluminum that we've had sitting around up near the wood shop just past the cabin.  Then after lunch we took it to the junk yard.  The junk yard gave us $35 for all of it.  Not much but it was worth it just to get rid of the stuff. 
No, this isn't all ours!! 😁 We just added to it.


Read this afternoon and finished the second book in the Liberty Trilogy, Fire on the Hill by Gretta Curran Browne.  A historical fiction about Ireland.  Very good and will start the third book of the trilogy when I finished reading the Miss Read book that I've started.

📖     📖     📖

August Bible Verse Challenge

Day 27 - Fruit

Galatians 5:22&23 KJV

But the FRUIT of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 
 
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
 
📖     📖     📖 

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone ❤️ 

Comment Replies:
Kev - No mist yesterday, just low clouds.

SusanQ - South Central PA.  You aren't that far away from me.  What town?

17 comments:

ellen b. said...

Better to get paid then to have to pay to get rid of stuff you want to. Thank you for sharing the verses about the fruit of the Spirit! I'm glad your evening at church was good.

Lowcarb team member said...

They are making good progress with the new barn.
Pleased you enjoyed Church.

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh, I am with you, you have to taste test that cookie dough. Actually my granddaughter has started making some cookie dough balls and freeing them.They make a tasty snack, right out of the freezer.

Bettye said...

I was so happy to see you and Ken walking in to church last night. That made my week!!! Sure wish we could have been able to talk a while, but one thing at a time. Love all your pictures and am keeping up with you through your blog. Happy for that!

Vee said...

So glad that all went well going to church. My daughter's church just announced two Sunday services...one for those who want everyone wearing masks and the other for those who do not wish to wear masks. She thought it was odd. I think everything is odd these days.

Are you preparing for high winds and rain?

Susie said...

I could say...getting paid for junk...omg, I am rich. LOL. I like the idea of taking metals in for the junk man. It's recycling. So important. That is a long barn. My daughter and her husband just built a huge pole barn and many more jobs go into that. Yikes. Blessings, happy about your church. xoxo, Susie

Granny Marigold said...

This is the first year for a long time that we haven't seen a single Goldfinch. Not in our yard or even our neighbourhood. I had my thistle seed feeder up but no goldfinches came. I wonder why not.

Hootin Anni said...

I would say $35 is better than nothing. As you say, getting rid of it all was worth it. (I hate oikes of junk) lol

I bet the goldfinches were a pretty sight.

Hootin Anni said...

oikes sholud be "piles"

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You're always so busy.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- That is fast work there on your neighbors Barn. Here if households put their wares out on the curb for Council Pick-Up a Scrap Metal guy cruises around looking for metal and picks at the piles of junk before the Council Truck gets there. Best Wishes. KEV.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - I look forward to getting back to church too. It's been too long. Glad you are staying safe and that you got some junk off to the junk yard! HAve a good weekend and see you again soon.

William Kendall said...

Quite a pile.

Bill said...

That's a big barn. Glad going to church was a good experience.

o2bhiking said...

Great barn! Glad that church was good. Now, that is quite a pile of junk! The trilogy sounds really good.

susan q said...

Leola, PA, (in Lancaster County) Karen. I check my library for the Liberty Trilogy, not there or even on Amazon. Maybe that particular book is out of print. Loved to see the rusty junk and hoping to go on to better things! Have a great weekend.

Rose said...

I am not even sure where we could take scrap metal now...there used to be a place about 5 miles from here.

They are really coming along great on the new building.