Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Wed Night Service

 Walked to town and around both of the cemeteries and then headed back home again.  Didn't walked through town at all.

It had rained over night but by my walking time it had stopped and was a bit foggy.
The temperature was 55 degrees and no breeze. 


 The barn or whatever that is being built in front of the barn is coming along fast.  Today when I walked by the metal roof was already up. 

Didn't see any people out walking this morning.

Saw a few deer as I do most days.  

By the time I got home the sun was out and shining and we had another day of sunshine and cool breezes.

Sunrise was 6:41 and I walked 5.5 miles.

☁️     🙂     🌤

We had pancakes for breakfast this morning.  Did the usual morning chores around the house and then we took our garbage out to the dump. It is called the Refuge Center but I still call it the dump.  From there we stopped at the library to pick up another Homicide DVD.  When we got home it was lunch time.

After lunch Ken went up by the cabin and I stayed home to get some house work done.  Also made macaroni salad to go with the Italian hot sausages we had for supper that I had put in the slow cooker earlier in the day. Usually have the sausages with peppers and onions but today ate them like hotdogs on a bun.

Had a little time for reading in the afternoon before Ken got home for supper.

We decided to go to church this evening.  We thought the Wed night service would be a good service to start with because it is the one with the least amount of people in it.  We shall see how it goes.  So we are off now and so happy to be going!! 

📖     📖     📖

 August Bible Verse Challenge


Day 26 - Mist
Genesis 2:5 & 6 KJV
 
And every plant of the field before it was in the earth,
and every herb of the field before it grew:
for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth,
and there was not a man to till the ground.
 
But there went up a MIST from the earth,
and watered the whole face of the ground.
📖     📖     📖
 
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone ❤️

18 comments:

ellen b. said...

Looks like you had some misty weather this morning. Nice photo. Enjoy your gathering at church this evening! Love the verses you shared.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

the fog in your photos is so pretty!! It gets foggy in our area at different times, I just love to walk in it. It gives the woods around us a quiet peaceful feeling.
Love the verse!

Tom said...

...I like the foggy start to your day and you had a nice finish too!

Vee said...

Wonderful that you are going to Wednesday night meeting. I'm attending one virtually. Oddly enough, there are no local mid-week services. That is not a good sign.

Foggy, misty days can be very pleasant...sounds as if yours was.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I trust that your experience going back to church will be a good one. I know that right now, everything seems so different .

Debi said...

I love foggy mornings... especially when they burn off into sunny, warm days! I hope that your church service was all you expected it to be.

Hill Top Post said...

I love the verse; perfect for my journal entry today! Foggy morning walks are really quite nice.

Hootin Anni said...

...a great beginning to your day. a perfect ending!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the foggy morning, the second photo is lovely. Sounds like you had a great day! Take care, enjoy your day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Pray for us when in church.

God bless.

Deb J. in Utah said...

So nice that you are getting back to church after such a long absence. I look forward to going back as well, but we will take all precautions to stay safe. Sounds like you had a good day. We sometimes have sausages like you had for dinner. See you again later on!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Very misty there - or is it Low Cloud? We've not had rain for a couple of days and the freezing winds have gone- certainly looking forward to Spring and Summer weather. Best Wishes. KEV.

Lisa said...

Glad you got to go to church. Our church has been having it indoors since May. We just keep our distance and refrain from hugging and shaking hands. Last week we moved it out to the church lawn so those that were uncomfortable about being inside could come sit in their cars or lawn chair. It was nice.
Lisa

o2bhiking said...

I like the foggy cemetery shot! Glad you got to church. I have not been since the pandemic hit big because my medical issues started at exactly the same time, so I am double the risk.

Bill said...

A nice foggy morning. Hope the Wed night service went well. Sunrise was 6:32 here but no sun just cloudy and a little rain.

susan q said...

Love the fog pics! I enjoy sausage in the crockpot with and without sauce. An easy/fast recipe when I'm out of ideas for dinner. South Central PA getting rain on Saturday from hurricane Laura. Thanks for sharing and be well!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the fog in your photographs ...

All the best Jan

Rose said...

Well, I done know that church was good for you...I am sure it felt wonderful. Love the foggy morns. Not sure why.

I am sorry to be so late with comments.